Sandvik Coromant – Dura Mill is looking for a
Head of Production Unit
Location: Malta, NY
If you have a strong leadership and project management skills in a manufacturing & production environment, Sandvik Coromant – Dura-Mill wants to speak with you!
Malta Production is Sandvik Coromant’s high performance production unit for manufacturing of the WhisperKut technology for cutting tools and currently employs between 25 to 30 employees.
Part of a global industrial engineering group Sandvik, Sandvik Coromant is at the forefront of manufacturing tools, machining solutions and knowledge that drive industry standards and innovations demanded by the metalworking industry now and into the next industrial era. Educational support, extensive R&D investment and strong customer partnerships ensure the development of machining technologies that change, lead, and drive the future of manufacturing. Sandvik Coromant owns over 3,100 patents worldwide, employs over 7,900 staff, and is represented in 150 countries.
At Sandvik Coromant, we are driven by a passion for excellence in everything we do. As we see it, sustainable success is a team effort and working together and sharing expertise are vital to us, which is why we highly value our active, ongoing collaboration with customers around the world.
This position reports directly to the Global Production Director – Solid Round Tools.
Key performance areas
As Head of Production Unit, you will oversee and direct, operations and employees by establishing and implementing the strategic direction and actions plans, which include managing activities in accordance with company strategy, goals and objectives.
Additionally, the Head of Production Unit will
- Create and promote a safe, healthy, and environmentally friendly atmosphere while holding all employees accountable to policies and practices.
- Be responsible for planning and development of strategic supply capabilities in terms of facilities, equipment, and staffing.
- Ensure all manufacturing processes and operations are in line with Sandvik group standards and directives, and secure and implement plans to achieve supply goals.
- Be responsible to meet current and future human resource needs, actively assess, recruit, and develop workforce and ensure that the employees are highly motivated and act in line with Sandvik’s Core Values.
- Strive for improvements in all we do and strengthen knowledge and skills through continuous education on advancements in manufacturing, leadership management concepts and theory from both an individual and organizational perspective.
- A minimum of an associate degree or equivalent experience & knowledge obtained from previous assignments, and with senior leadership experience, including people management.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in operations management in any leading cutting tools, automobile, or light Engineering Industry in the field of manufacturing in a multinational environment.
- Possess strong leadership skills, independent thinking, organizational planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess financial capabilities and skills within project management, performance management, as well as strategy and change management.
- Use excellent interpersonal communication skills to build and maintain solid relationships and have an ability to influence and promote a culture of safety, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Operating in a global and fast-paced business environment with diversified cultures and believe that good teamwork is key to success.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Head of Production Unit position, JR # R0035397.
At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRSupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set