ITH Product Line and Operations Manager
- Deadline: 27 May
- Country: Canada
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Job-ID: R0027538
- Job category: General Management
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
Product Line and Operations Manager – Underground Drilling
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
In the Underground Division Drilling we focus on customer needs first and set the industry standard of premium drilling equipment solutions for underground mining and tunneling globally. Our knowledge of underground drilling applications combined with our customer support ensures that optimal solutions are recommended and delivered to our vast customer base. Our strength is to deliver best-in-class equipment solutions that meet and exceed customer safety and productivity needs.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic ITH Product line and Operations Manager to lead our underground drilling ITH (in-the-hole) product offering and development, operations and technical support. ITH business currently encompasses products such as ITH drilling rigs, boosters, compressors, pipe handlers and their associated spare parts. At Sandvik, the future is now! This position based in Winnipeg, Canada and reports to division VP Product Development and Product Line.
In this newly created role, you will be part of the Underground Drilling product development and product management team and responsible for defining and implementing strategy for out ITH products and operations based in Winnipeg Canada. You analyze and understand market trends, market needs and can translate them to strategies and tactics to develop ITH offering, business and profitability. You create product offering and development plans and can implement then effectively. You lead and continuously develop our manufacturing and supply chain operations at our Winnipeg site. And You provide technical support and training to our customers and Parts and Services organization. You lead the management team of Winnipeg site.
We expect that you have good leadership skills on cross functional organization, systematic and energetic way of leading and working combined with good communication and co-operation skills.
- Analyze and understand market requirements, market size and tends for ITH equipment and develop business plans to improve sales volumes and market share of ITH equipment and ITH drilling rigs, boosters, compressors, pipe handlers and their associated spare parts.
- Analyze and understand technology trends in market (e.g. electrification and digitalization) and their implications into future offering
- Define long-term offering plans and business plans by utilizing market information, proactive customer requirements and technology changes
- Manage and secure PU Winnipeg local profitability
- Manage and secure
- Operations capacity, capabilities, and performance in Winnipeg
- Technical support and training for local ITH products
- Product offering plans and product development activities
- Manage and develop manufacturing operations and supply chain in Winnipeg
- Act as PU manager lead local PU management team and oversee all functions at the site.
- Competence development and resources planning for operations, ITH product offering and technical support in Winnipeg
You will need to be passionate to lead team in Winnipeg, to take a lead on creating strategy and action plans with the proactive approach in “getting things done” while maintaining good collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. The specific requirements in this position are:
- At least 5 years of experience in mining and/or similar industry space
- Experience with underground mining applications is a benefit
- Strong Leadership skills and proven track record on leading cross functional teams
- Networking skills and ability building strong cross functional co-operation globally
- Experience in customer relationship and capability to build long term business plans
- Business understanding in complex business environment
- P&L experience
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to job opening # R0027538. We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential
Deadline: 27 May