Technical Field Service Manager, Elko NV Region
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Elko, Nevada
- Job-ID: R0024048
- Job category: General Management
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Elko, NV is looking for a
Field Service Manager (Technical) - Parts and Services, USA
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Supply Planner Manager.
Key performance areas
The field service manager is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective maintenance of the customer’s fleet of equipment in accordance with OEM specifications and local policies. The manager works closely with the customer to identify and meet the customer’s expectations and defined scope. The employee manages the workforce, safety plan, equipment base, adherence to safety standards and ensures they are consistent with the customer and Sandvik policies. In addition, this role is responsible for the delivery and preparation of new equipment staged in Elko for regional and local customers.
Safety and Environment
- Maintains focus on safety in planning and implements processes in line with SMC’s OH&S, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures and objectives and in compliance with OSHA, MHSA regulations at all times.
- Ensures the adherence to MSHA legislation for all work performed by Sandvik employees on site.
- Development of team initiatives to drive safety improvement, awareness and overall KPI achievements
- Coordinates the development of mechanical maintenance plans and budgets in accordance with local requirements.
- Reviews and assesses mechanical maintenance plans, standards and budgets, including work scope packages, resourcing and customer quoting.
- Reviews Project Plans to ensure special activities are managed accordingly and the delivery and preparation of new equipment to the customer is executed
- Monitors adherence of site maintenance operations to maintenance plans. This will involve using performance measures and KPI’s as committed to in certain arrangements. This role will also involve developing new or additional measures as means of improving the quality and efficiency of the maintenance work carried out by the technical team.
- Develops and implements continuous improvement plans
- Ensures that the contractual KPIs are achieved (e.g. MTBF, availability, Safety, MTTR etc.) and develops new or additional measures as a means of improving the quality and efficiency of the maintenance performance.
- Ensures the maintenance team is operating within agreed financial targets.
- Reviews the maintenance costs regularly with a view to continually improve cost efficiencies.
- Produces and or assists in producing the monthly invoicing and provides support for Quarterly reviews.
- Provide equipment performance and applications feedback to internal stakeholders, factory representation and customer as required.
- Contributes to the development of engineering technical standards. These standards will include training, safe work practices, and commissioning documents
- Assists in capital expansions by providing technical advice and site supervisory expertise as required.
People Management and Development
- Recruits, mentors, motivates, trains, evaluates and leads team members to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Process Support function.
- Ensures proper on-boarding of new personnel in accordance with Company procedures.
- Manages, motivates and influences ad hoc teams as driven by business needs.
- Proactively maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of all systems, procedures and performance goals within the Region
- Undertakes self-training and development as required.
- Stays current on industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
- Actively supports community initiatives.
This role is expected to work out of the Elko NV branch office space, with a normal work week in accordance with regular business hours, Monday – Friday, 40 hours, unless specified otherwise.
You must possess minimum of five years Mechanical engineering degree or Trade qualifications in a mechanical discipline. At least five years management experience in mobile mining heavy equipment. You are proficient in the Microsoft Office and PC/web applications.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities
- Planning skills
- Conceptual / analytical skills
- Organization skills
- Leadership skills
- Sound level of computer literacy
- Highly developed communication skills
- Ability to work as a member and lead a cross-functional team
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Field Service Manager position, Job Req. ID# R0024048.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set