Financial Accountant -M1
- Deadline: 21 Jan
- Country: South Africa
- Location: Boksburg
- Job-ID: R0011425
- Job category: Finance
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
Ensure general accounting is managed in accordance with accounting principles and comply with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards. Ensure compliance with IFRS, local legislation and Sandvik processes and regulations in the general accounting area.
The candidate will provide support to the Finance Manager by performing operational finance functions across all reporting and legal entities.
- Is responsible for developing the ways of working in the general accounting area
- Review financial reports and accounting statements to ensure their accuracy
- Provide technical expertise and advice to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities
- Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Provides financial support, including forecasting, budgeting and analyzing variations from budget Analyzes and prepares statutory accounts, financial statements and reports
- Prepares separate and consolidated financial statements for the group
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Newly-Qualified CA (SA)
- Office Suite Literacy
- English proficiency
- Professional, energetic, dynamic and positive team player with great business acumen
- Ability to work well within a high-pressure environment
- Must be able to liaise on all levels in the organisation
- Willing to work extended hours during financial reporting cycles as well as during ad hoc reporting periods.
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS), or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers.
Applications close : 21 January 2020
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.