Accounts Payable Administrator
SANDVIK INC is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability, and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials. In 2019, the Group had about 40,000+ employees and sales of about 103 billion SEK in more than 150 countries.
We are looking for a dynamic and results-orientated Accounts Payable Administrator to join our team!
Key performance areas
The Accounts Payable Department (AP) is a shared service provider for 11 different Sandvik company codes or divisions. The Account Payable Administrator supports all divisions by processing and paying invoices in a timely manner and ensuring that the activity is reflected correctly in the General Ledger. The Accounts Payable department strives for continual improvement by means of adequate controls, follow up and risk evaluation.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Shared service provider for 11 different company codes or divisions.
- Process & manage all vendor invoices quickly and effectively within the policies of Sandvik.
- Expedite vendor invoice exceptions in Basware Invoice Automation System.
- Open/Update vendor profiles in SAP and Basware Purchase Manager System.
- Process vendor payments via checks, ACH, & wire payments.
- Verify all payments over $2,000 using 3-way match or verifying appropriate Basware approvals were made.
- Investigate and resolve all vendor statements.
- Follow up with vendors as needed.
- Support regional administrators from other company codes serviced.
- Advise of invoice payments, due dates, etc.
- Communicate with vendors and internal departments for resolution of invoice questions.
- Open/Update employee profiles and cost centers in Certify Employee Expense Reporting System.
- Cancel invoices, cancel checks and research check status in bank site.
- Implement and support the development of Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- In this exciting role, you combine an interest in business with solid finance skills.
- You can balance a role where you must be both supporting and when needed challenge your colleagues and manager with integrity and in a constructive way.
- You are analytical but can also communicate your findings in a clear and understandable way. One example is in connecting our operational activities and targets and how they translate into financial results.
- Your mindset is proactive and forward-looking, and you focus on solutions and regularly suggest improvements based on what you see and learn.
- You are self-propelling with the ability to prioritize when needed.
- You must possess an associate degree in Finance or Accounting or have equivalent work experience in Accounts Payable.
- You must have at least 2 years of experience in accounts payable within a business environment. Must possess excellent communications, planning and organizational skills.
- Prior experience of SAP is a plus.
- You have an excellent understanding of accounts payable financial processes and a high level of computer proficiency, especially in Excel.
- You are highly organized, strongly analytical, and have a keen attention to detail and ability to question the facts.
- Working with continuous improvements is a natural part of your character and you feel comfortable searching for information, identifying small and large solutions, and challenging the norm.
- You are flexible, react well to change, and remain calm in the face of challenges.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to the Accounts Payable Administrator position, Job #R0055350
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set