Do you get a buzz for having a real and active partnership with the operations and business management? Then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Finance team and be instrumental in driving our growth strategy. The role reports to the Sales Manager USC with a dotted line to the Divisional Finance Director, and responsible for the Business Control function for a key territory, but you will also have exposure to the wider Division, Business Area and Sandvik Group.
Your role will be to provide real time support and analysis; to be a trusted adviser and to add value that will assist in decision making. Critical to your success will be the ability to understand your stakeholders and deliver information in a clear and user-friendly manner.
This is a true business partner role that requires an individual with an energetic personality, comfortable sharing financial data and knowledge to coach their peers. You will have a collaborative mindset and be happy taking an active role in problem-solving throughout the business.
Location: Trevose, PA, but also hybrid with flexibility in North America.
- The key financial reporting is completed by a central service function. This role therefore only requires an appraisal of the reporting for anomalies. You will provide a monthly commentary to explain variances to FC and prior year and give indications of expectation for full year performance.
- Production of a monthly operational review pack in which you will present the territory KPI’s and relevant business updates.
- The quarterly forecast is the key measurement for the business and in your role, you will ensure key business developments are captured and risks highlighted.
- Actively interface between Finance and Operations - influence day to day decisions, ensure the territory strategy is in line with that of the Division
- Be commercially aware, understanding and anticipating the needs of both operations and management
- Drive the territory to achieve continuous improvement through effective finance management and communication of the business’ key performance results
- Interpret data and assess its value; be able to present the findings to relevant stakeholders concisely
- Be able to form and stand over recommendations, have a well-developed sense of ethics and be prepared to stand up for these principles
- Must be able to challenge, coach and motivate; identify and win over key stakeholders; build relationships and guide behavior to achieve Divisional objectives
- Key liaison with the US shared service – continued feedback and collaboration with the teams to ensure value add to the business
- Ensure on-going compliance with all relevant Sandvik policies and reporting timescales.
The Business Controller should possess a minimum of 5-8 years related experience in finance. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience preferred. Strategic planning and operations experience desired. Where others see many, we see you – personally. We recognize and value your passion and personality as well as your skills. You are great teammate, with a strong urge for keeping customers happy. You possess excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to moderate and take care of customers at all levels. You are driven and results-oriented, while always maintaining a high level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
Sandvik offers an outstanding catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- A very strong 401(k). We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%.
- Tuition reimbursement
In addition to these outstanding benefits, Sandvik provides a company laptop and cell phone.
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Business Controller position, Job Req. ID# R0051634.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set