Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Smyrna, GA is looking for a
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the company’s financial records. They compile financial statements, review data, and ensure financial compliance. The Senior Accountant is also responsible for executing a variety of financial procedures, including month-end and year-end closings, accounts payable, maintaining records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial activities within the organization.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Recommend ways to reduce cost and enhance revenue
- Prepare documentation for Internal and External Auditors
- Take lead of the annual audit and tax package as required
- Govern IFRS 15 and IFRS 16
- Ensure that work is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing the trial balance, and reconciling entries
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies
- Collaborate with other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives
- Prepares ad hoc reports as requested.
- Support the maintenance of a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain and enhance the system of controls over accounting transactions
- Support the information presented to internal and external auditors for periodic audits
- Collect and report tax-related information to taxation authorities at the federal, state, county, and local levels in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Exposure to the mining, construction, or engineering industries is a plus
- Strategic planning and operations experience
Additional Competencies Required:
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly responsive and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible according to the needs of the business
- Computer skill level with Microsoft Office Suite including automation
- Problem solving skills
- Results oriented
We offer a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, dental, PTO, holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for Senior Accountant position, Job Req. ID# R0048202.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set