Senior Tax Specialist
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Senior Tax Specialist assists with Australian, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand tax compliance, tax advisory and ad hoc tax-related projects to ensure timely and accurate compliance with regulatory authorities and the provision of information and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Support in the completion of corporate and other tax related compliance obligations for operations in Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
- Support in ensuring the accuracy of data and supporting tax positions for compliance returns and identifying positions and/or transactions requiring further review, including resolving such items for the purposes of correct and complete compliance.
- Assist with ongoing transaction and project-related work from a tax perspective, including supporting post-acquisition integration activities and ongoing compliance activities.
- Keep up-to-date with the Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea’s tax legislation, to be part of the centre of expertise internally for matters relating to these taxes and able to undertake tax-technical research to respond to day to day questions from the business in relation to tax matters.
- Assist in the provision of training and knowledge sharing to increase tax awareness and improve record keeping across the business.
- Assist with contract reviews from a tax perspective.
- Ensure adherence to the Sandvik policies specific to tax compliance and review of local tax policies specific to compliance on a regular basis and ensure these are updated when required.
- Assist with monitoring and where required adapting internal tax controls.
- Assist with the preparation of the Tax Effect Accounting requirements for the Australia, NZ and PNG legal entities for the quarterly Swedish reporting and annual statutory reporting purposes.
- Assist with local Transfer Pricing compliance and documents in accordance with relevant country law.
- Assist with the handling of tax audits, data gathering, data analysis and preparing draft replies to tax authorities.
- Where required, assist the Senior Tax Manager with tax related input and documentation for Board and Business Line meetings.
- Demonstrate proactive approach with regards to monitoring and improving tax compliance and processes.
- Stakeholder management
You will be currently working in the corporate tax team of either a Big 4 accounting firm or a large corporate, and have obtained university qualification/s in Commerce, Business or Laws, along with a CA/CPA qualification. You are a strategic and analytical thinker with strong time management skills. You have advanced tax knowledge. You can interpret the law as well as translate and communicate this knowledge effectively, including the preparation of position papers and memorandums.
You are an excellent communicator and confident working with many stakeholders. You are keen to apply your knowledge to a global environment and build your career within a growing organisation.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- Employee Referral Program
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 13% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
0448 044 698
Deadline: Dec 15