Service Operations - Finance Business Partner (Hybrid)
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
WE WANT YOU TO HELP US CREATE THE DIGITAL FUTURE OF OUR COMPANY
The aim of the Service Business Control and Performance Management group is to ensure we report accurate and easily understandable financial and operational data across the Service business globally. Using this information, we help steer the Global Service Operations Management team and strategy. This role is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in these activities and be a key contributor in the design and roll-out of our new SMR Service Platform which will help transform the Sandvik Service business into the future.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering Group with a strong commitment to enhancing customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 44,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Service Operations - Finance Business Partner (P3) (Hybrid) - for a permanent role in our Dublin Office.
The purpose of the Finance Business Partner role is to represent the business interests and requirements in the Service Platform programme by bringing knowledge of current business operations and taking responsibility for helping define how the business will operate in the future.
The role will lead the creation of new ways of working in the digital platform (IBM Maximo) maximising the benefit to all whilst minimising deviations from common and standard. The role will collaborate with specialist teams across the programme ensuring that the business needs are represented in Functional Design, Development, Security, Data Migration and Business Reporting.
In addition, the role will also have the opportunity to take some of the Business Control & Performance Manager’s (BCPM) duties providing an opportunity to get closer to the Service business and allow the BCPM spend some time on the Service Platform project as well. It is essential that the successful candidate has a good business understanding with a detailed knowledge of developing financial / business reporting.
FUNCTIONAL AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
This Finance Business Partner role has responsibility for the following functional areas within the Service Platform project
- Service Financial Control
- Service Business Control
- Service Business Intelligence
The Finance Business Partner will also be responsible for various on-going business related tasks to be defined by the BCPM as the role develops.
Service Operations - Service Platform Project
- Provide deep business knowledge and insight into how the business operates today and ensure that the requirements of the division / common functions are known and met in the Service Platform design process
- Lead the design and development of new ways of working utilising IBM Maximo standard processes to maximum effect to meet the business requirements
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to achieve efficient execution and commitment
- Leverage your extensive business knowledge to support the change management team in guiding the business through the change curve maximising technology adoption and minimising resistance
- Work closely with the Global Service Department Managers to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the end to end processes
- Work closely with each of our 15 Sales Areas during both design and roll-out stages of the Service Platform
- Collaborate effectively across the specialist teams on the programme, ensuring that they understand the business requirements and support them in achieving their objectives
- Provide long term and short-term guidance to team and key stakeholders
- Support the Sales Areas in the roll-out of the new Service Platform through quality change management and training content
- Collaborate with the SAP/S4HANA Phase 2 team based in Ireland and act as a conduit between that team and the Global Service business
Service Operations – Finance Responsibilities
- Play an active role in the on-going support of our existing global Service business in the Sales Areas
- Take responsibility for the Service monthly reporting process including consolidation reviews, accuracy of reporting, communication with the Sales Areas, explanation of Service result into the Service Management team and upwards into the SMR Business Area
- Develop an understanding of the key business metrics driving our global Service business today with a view to improving available metrics and their adoption in the Sales Areas
- 2-3+ years PQE in a business role driving change in that business.
- Good experience working in and improving a financial / business reporting environment
- Previous experience working with other Service Management systems would be preferred
Education, Licenses & Certificates
- A qualified accountant with 2-3+ years PQE would be preferable
- Willing to travel globally when required (10-15%)
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence applications (Power BI / QlikView) preferred
- Knowledge of any Service business reporting would be preferred
What we offer:
22 days annual leave
4 Company Days
Defined Contribution Pension
VHI Health Insurance
Life & Disability Insurance
Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
Flexible start & Finish times
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland (4th Floor, Dockline, IFSC, IFSC, Dublin 1)
Reporting to: Business Controller – Services
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunnelling and quarrying. In 2021, sales were approximately 41 billion SEK with about 15,500 employees within continuing operations.
A glimpse of our culture
At Sandvik, we’re tech driven, innovative and entrepreneurial! For us, success is a team effort - we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where people can be themselves and reach their full potential. So, we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our differences. We also give you the freedom to find that perfect mix between work, family life and interests. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us further.
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly at https://www.home.sandvik/career
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilise, and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns.
The closing date for applications is 31st September 2022
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU
Deadline: Not set