DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
‘ARE YOU 'CUSTOMER FOCUSED & TEAM PLAYER'
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Accountant (P3) role in our Dublin Office. This is a permanent position.
Perform accounting activities within the Finance team.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Reporting:
- Ownership for accurate and timely accounting for assigned sections of the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet.
- Detailed review of month end results understanding key business drivers for movements compared to forecast and trend.
- Prepare and review Group reporting submitted through reporting module.
- Actively participate in and support the SMR Seamless Flow Program implementing SAP S/4HANA in 2022. This will involve liaising with the core project team in Dublin and SMCL finance project lead, as well as tasks such as testing of the new solution, training, analysis and other inputs over the course of the project.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, providing insightful and robust analysis to assist with understanding business performance and mitigating risks to support achievement of their business strategies and objectives.
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders: leading meetings with key stakeholders, maintaining high standard of service, responding to queries and providing routine & ad hoc analysis in a timely manner.
- Support and assist junior members of the team and act as a go-to for support across the team
- Develop robust Internal Control processes and validate that internal controls are implemented and operational.
- Review and management of Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations.
- Lead liaison on annual external and internal audits.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- Identify, develop and implement improvements to accounting policies and processes.
- Responsible for supporting Business Area and Group Finance in the Accounting process.
- Co-ordinate and manage preparation of rolling quarterly forecast, collaborating with Key stakeholders to ensure assumptions are achievable, accurate and aligned with Business Area strategy.
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable, Tax and Treasury teams to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner, drive efficiencies and promote best practice.
- Identify and manage process improvements.
- Further project work, within the area of competence, may also be included in this role.
- Act as a mentor to other team members, share knowledge with wider finance team through knowledge share sessions and other forums.
- Function as back-up for other roles within the Finance organization.
- University degree in Business / Finance Qualified Accountant – ACA or ACCA qualification
- Min 5 years relevant work experience (2 years post-qualification) with specific experience in accounting (incl. reporting, compliance and control), analysis and project work, preferably within a large global
- Ability to prioritise workload, take initiative, problem solve, self-motivate and manage own time
- Highly organised with good planning skills
- Good work ethic with the ability to deliver under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within an organisation
- Strong IT skills, with proficiency in standard financial applications (Excel, PowerPoint and word)
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, daily fresh fruit, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Flexible start & Finish times
- Initially this will be remote working due to Covid-19 restrictions
Divisions in BA SMR & BA SRP
Divisions in BA SMR and BA SRP utilize SMC Logistics to provide logistics services for aftermarket parts and rock tools. The company owns inventory across a warehouse network in 12 countries across the globe. In 2019, the company was recognized within the Top 100 companies in Ireland with Revenue equating to approximately 15% of Sandvik Group activity.
SMC Logistics (SMCL) is a large complex entity within the Sandvik Group (Business Area: SMR) with a wide variety of tax obligations. It is engaged in the procurement and sale of tools and spare parts for mining and construction equipment to group companies and operates through warehouses in a number of countries worldwide.
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: The Accounting Manager
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HRIreland@Sandvik.com
The closing date for applications is 26th November 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Deadline: Not set