Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for a
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to prepare timely, accurate and relevant financial and management reports and maintains the general ledger. Computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records.
Rotary Drilling is a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and is a leading supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the surface mining market. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety, and reliability. We don’t just supply the technology that creates the most durable equipment on the market. We provide peace of mind.
Your Key Performance Areas
Provides financial support, including analyzing, prepares statutory accounts, financial statements, and reports.
Requirements of this position also include, but are not limited to:
- Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, and capital expenditure schedules
- Prepares, records, analyzes, and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Inter-company Payables and Receivables process
- Assist in month end close and reporting
- Must have knowledge of financial statements, the ability to investigate problems and make corrections, and address inconsistencies in entries, documents, and reports
- Maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, and ensure that financial statements are GAAP compliant
- identify opportunities for improvement to processes and systems
- Work in a cross functional environment to implement change as required
- Must be comfortable interacting and meeting with all levels of the organization, be able to promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge, while maintaining a high degree of customer service internally and externally
- Performs other such duties as may be appropriate for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or in finance with an accounting background
- 2 to 5 years staff accounting in a manufacturing business with cost accounting responsibilities
- Knowledge of accounting and manufacturing accounting standards and the software that reports the financial statement
- You are detail oriented and work well under pressure
- You must be flexible and be able to multitask and take direction well
- You are a team player and possess a “can do” attitude
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent
- Teamwork, cooperation, positive attitude and strong work ethic
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at sandvik.com/en/careers to the Staff Accountant position, Job Req. R0035052
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. Sandvik is a military friendly-employer.
Deadline: Not set