Sandvik Coromant in Mebane, NC is looking for a
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
We are looking for a dynamic and results-orientated Staff Accountant to join our team!
Key Performance Areas
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the Financial and Cost accounting transactions accuracy as it relates to the financial reporting in the accounting system within Manufacturing environment.
If required, provides financial support, including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget. If required, analyzes, and prepares statutory accounts, financial statements, and reports
Requirements of this position also include, but are not limited to:
- Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, and capital expenditure schedules.
- Prepares, records, analyzes, and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects.
- Assist in AP and purchasing functions as a backup.
- Confirm inventory transaction accuracy.
- Assist in month end close and reporting.
- Backup to payroll processing and reporting.
- SOIP and Budget analysis
- 4-year college degree in accounting or master’s in finance with an accounting content
- 3 to 5 years staff accounting in a manufacturing business with cost accounting responsibilities.
- Knowledge of accounting and manufacturing accounting standards and the software that reports the financial results along with standard cost in BOM and Routings.
- Working experience on SAP ERP systems, Inventory analysis, Capital Equipment investments, Budget analysis.
- You are detail oriented and work well under pressure.
- You must be flexible and be able to multitask and take direction well.
- You are a team player and possess a “can do” attitude.
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik./career to the Staff Accountant position, Job Requisition # R0032281.
Sandvik Machining Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Not set