Business Controller, SAA
Business Control Manager, Sales Area Americas
Sandvik Coromant is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions and know-how to the metalworking industry. With extensive investments in research and development we create unique innovations and set new productivity standards together with our customers. These include the world's major automotive, aerospace and energy industries. Sandvik Coromant has 8,000 employees and is represented in 130 countries. We are part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik we are committed to teamwork and believe in the power of developing ideas and solutions together. We leverage our shared passion, diversity, open-mindedness and cooperative spirit to shape the future of our industry and, with it, the path of your career. We are seeking for people who are passionate in their work and possess the drive to excel to join us!
The main purpose of the Business Control Manager position is to contribute to our efforts to reach the overall operational and financial goals for the Sales area which encompasses our sales clusters in North and South America. The person in this role will support the execution of key activities and ensure the performance of the finance and business control departments in the sales area.
This position will be located in our Mebane, NC office.
Sales Area Americas responsibilities:
- Is a key member of the Sales Area management team
- Provides the SAA management team with financial and operational information to make the right business-critical decisions
- Drives monthly performance management as well as follow-up on business plans and processes in the Sales Area towards markets and zones as well as globally
- Represents the Sales Area in the global Business Control team and implements global initiatives within Sales Area Americas
- Leads in coordinating and driving improvements in SAA ways of working such as target setting processes in the Sales Area
- Supports and steers SIP and STI process together with HRBP in the Sales Area
- Supports Sales Area markets and clusters with activities and contacts Sandvik, Inc. when relevant
US Business Control responsibilities
- Participates in the development of business strategies and plans, including performance management, modeling, analysis, and comments on financial implications
- Responsible for the follow-up on business plan implementation actions and monitoring the financial results vs plans.
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of all required financial and management reports, including analysis and follow-up on actual results versus budget and prior periods.
- Prepares the annual operating budget, rolling forecasts, and ad hoc business plans.
- Ensures the efficient functioning, identifies needs and develops all accounting and financial control systems.
- Interprets implements and develops financial operating policies within the Company in compliance with Sandvik, Inc. and Sandvik Coromant Financial and Control Policies.
- Provides for audits of commercial processes to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Coromant legal and compliance questions, working in cooperation with Sandvik Inc.
US Finance Manager responsibilities
- Owner of the implementation and execution of internal controls
- Oversee the SMS Financial Shared Service hub including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Accounting
- Provides accurate and timely internal and external financial statements and management reports
- Provides overall coordination of the monthly closing process and consolidated results and reporting for 11 US entities
- Oversees hard close and year end PWC financial audits for SMS Service entities
- Provides for the audit of payroll, travel expenses, and accounts payable in compliance with policies and procedures
- Balance quick business decisions with proper risk management, clearly communicating the impact on the business, the customers and/or the employees.
- Challenge the current way of working, promotes new initiatives and initiates action.
- Understands the Global SMS Strategy and the Global Sandvik Coromant Strategy and translates them into the day to day activities of the team.
- Acts as a change leader and keeps his/her own team motivated during the change process.
- Promotes a culture of people development, focusing on skills improvement, but also developing people for their future challenges in the organization.
- Creates an environment of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Creates a climate in which people want to take initiative, contribute and can feel comfortable in taking risks.
- Lives the Sandvik Core Values, acts with integrity, builds trust, leads by examples and keeps confidences
- Creates a Safety First culture
- Conducts business in an ethical manner, in compliance with Sandvik anti-corruption policy.
- BA / BS in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience required.
- Proven experience building, developing, mentoring, and inspiring a high performing professional accounting team
- Employee must read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to deal effectively with internal stakeholders on local, regional and global levels.
- Experience working in a matrix environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel.
- Regular travel is required (~25% of the time)
- Employee must be legally eligible to work in the United States or able to apply for work permit or work visa
Where others see many, we see you – personally – and only if we truly understand you, can we add value to your development. We recognize and value your drive to succeed! We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion.
Sandvik Coromant offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
Interested in joining our team? Please visit www.sandvik.com/careers and apply to the Business Control Manager, SAA position.
Check us out at www.sandvik.coromant.com
Sandvik Coromant is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Not set