Senior Cost Accountant
INROCK is looking for a
Senior Cost Accountant
INROCK, part of Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT), is a leader in supplying pilot hole bits, reamers, guidance systems, accessories, and service for the premium maxi rig sector of horizontal directional drilling (HHD) operations in North America. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
We are one of the largest HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling) tooling providers in the world headquartered in Houston, TX. We are now looking for a Senior Cost Accountant to join our Operations based out of Houston, TX.
Key Performance Areas
To provide efficient handling of the general accounting activities. To ensure compliance with IFRS, local legislation and Inrock processes and regulations in the general accounting area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, and capital expenditure schedules.
- Prepares, records, analyzes, and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects.
- If required, provides financial support, including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget.
- If required, analyzes, and prepares statutory accounts, financial statements, and reports.
Other duties include:
- Establishes overall production requirements (12 months rolling forecast) based on sales forecasts, historical data, and current market conditions.
- Coordinates with Regional Sales Directors to ensure sales goals are met.
Production planning and Purchasing
- Establishes production priorities based on input from Regional Sales Directors.
- Monitors inventory levels.
- Oversees purchasing activities.
- Communicates with engineering and sales to validate forecast product assembly number.
- Serves as primary communication link to production units.
§Maintains awareness of foreign embargoed countries and intercedes to assure company compliance to USA and applicable country laws.
- Supervises activities of shipping group.
- Manages product distribution activities through subordinate employees.
- Examines documents such as invoices, bills of lading, and shipping/receiving statements for accuracy.
- Directs reclamation of damaged goods.
- May negotiate rates for freight shipments.
- Establishes operational policies for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of goods and customer orders.
- Establishes policies and procedures to assure specific and weighted average cost calculation.
- Monitors slow moving inventory. Works with Sales and Engineering to find sales opportunities for aging inventory.
- Determines obsolete stock and works with Finance to remove from inventory.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree with 5 years related work experience. Master’s degree in related field (example MBA) preferred.
Ability to speak read and write English fluently. Additional language skill in Spanish preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as government regulations, safety rules, procedures manuals, operating and maintenance instructions. Strong ability to communicate with customers and employees through email, phone, and videoconferencing software (example Teams and Skype). Ability to write, maintain, and modify technical documents, such as work instructions, procedures, and department manuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest or sales tax, commissions, and to conduct trend analysis. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily during a 90-day probationary period. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
At INROCK, we believe diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business, and our customers, and we are looking forward to meeting you!
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Senior Cost Accountant position, Job Req. ID# R0030592.
INROCK is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. INROCK also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Aug 15