Internal Controls & Compliance Manager
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Internal Controls & Compliance Manager
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D.
Key Performance areas
As the Internal Controls & Compliance Manager you will take an active role in developing and maintaining the internal control framework and its effectiveness. You will take a coordinating approach regarding compliance risks and proper segregation of duties. Monitoring the internal control framework and building awareness among staff by providing support and training within the company is key to success. You will evaluate the quality of the internal control testing to ensure the results are reliable and satisfy external auditor expectations. You will work closely with the Corporate internal and external audit teams. Provide US entity consolidated financial information to our tax consultants for the purpose of calculating quarterly income tax liabilities. You will coordinate the annual accumulation of financial information needed to complete the US consolidated tax returns.
- Establish and maintain a system of internal controls guided by the Group Internal Audit Department and the internal control testing system
- Assess and ensure quality of testing results and consistencies throughout the US organization
- Identify gaps in controls and assist in the development of procedures to close such gaps
- Work with US management team to ensure roles are understood and communicated at each level of the organization
- Ensure timelines for testing are met
- Provide consolidated financial results to external tax consultant on a quarterly basis and record income taxes accordingly
- Coordinate the collection of financial information for the filing of the annual tax returns
- Handle special projects as required
- Limited travel required
The ideal candidate should possess a BA/BS degree in Business with a major in Accounting /Finance or related field. A minimum 10 years of experience in accounting within a business environment. Must have prior consolidation, purchase accounting and U.S. income tax experience.
- Must possess excellent communications, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including written and verbal communication
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to travel when necessary
Sandvik Materials Technology offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Internal Control & Compliance Manager position, Job Requisition ID# R003585.
Sandvik Materials Technology is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set