Accounts Receivable Officer
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Accounts Receivable officer - Milton
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Accounts Receivable Team is seeking an Accounts Receivable Officer to join the Finance Shared Services (FSS) department located at Milton. With full responsibility over your own ledger, you will work with customers to settle accounts, and create purposeful and successful relationships to ensure we remain best in class within Sandvik.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Support business in customer credit matters (e.g. credit limits and payment terms)
- Evaluate credit risks and suggest solutions aimed to mitigate the risk exposure
- Manage claims/disputes and credit notes to ensure timely resolution
- Processing inbound payments and accurately reconcile payments on customers’ accounts
- Liaise with customers to ensure payments made to terms
- Review accounts on credit hold and initiate confirm with the business on legal actions where necessary
- Manage and coordinate communication with customers and all Sandvik stakeholders
- Support intercompany reconciliation
- Validate that internal controls are implemented and operational
- Implement and support the development of AR processes, policies, rules and authorization matrix/limits and provide Service Provider with information (e.g. for Procedures Manual)
- Responsible for supporting BA and Country Finance in the AR process
You have 3+ years’ experience in an Accounts Receivable role and demonstrate advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. This is a high-volume working environment, so you must have the ability to problem solve and process work quickly and accurately.
You also possess a service attitude and can contribute positively to a team and a variety of situations and people. Furthermore, you are motivated to achieve results and goals set for your department with enthusiasm and determination.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Applications close: 30 June 2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Deadline: Jul 5