Tax/Internal Control Manager
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
- Job-ID: R0027251
- Job category: Finance
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Tax/Internal Control Manager
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D.
Key performance areas
The Tax/Internal Control Manager will be responsible for preparing and coordinating information related to income tax reporting, the preparation of tax returns and other filing requirements as necessary for SMT LLC. The position will work with Sandvik’s outside tax consultants, Sandvik U.S. Business Controllers and Sandvik Group Finance & Tax to achieve all reporting deadlines and audit requirements. Responsibilities will also include the monitoring, testing and implementation of internal controls for SMT entities within the U.S. Position will be involved with several aspects of IT within the Manufacturing Production area involving the definition, development, maintenance and operation of systems.
- Prepares and records deferred taxes and tax provisions as well as tax reporting to Sandvik Group Tax with the assistance from Sandvik’s outsourced tax consultants
- Prepares monthly journal entries related to the Holding Company activity in accordance with SMT financial reporting policies
- Prepares the quarterly consolidation of financial results for SMT US
- Coordinates and prepares accounting entries for U.S. acquisitions, divestments and internal restructuring
- Interprets and implements financial operating policies within company guidelines
- Coordinates and prepares schedules related to the annual tax package for SMT
- Assists the VP of Finance with coordinating and managing federal and state income tax audits
- Coordinates with outsourced tax consultants on related matters and filing requirements
- Coordinates with the external registered agent regarding compliance and corporate filings
- Establishes and maintains a system of internal controls guided by the Group Internal Audit Department and the internal control testing system.
- Ensures quality testing of internal controls and assists with identifying gaps and making improvements
- Special projects as decided by the VP of Finance
- Limited travel may be required
The ideal candidate should possess a BA/BS degree in Business with a major in Accounting or Finance. A minimum 10 years of experience in accounting within a business environment. Must have prior consolidation, purchase accounting and U.S. income tax experience.
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Must possess excellent communications, planning and organizational skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Tax/Internal Control Manager position, Job Requisition ID# R0027251.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set