Site Controller & Entity Finance Manager
- Manages month end reporting and forecasting activities ensuring the compliance with Sandvik reporting policies and procedures, IFRS standards and with relevant local, state, and federal reporting requirements
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, and ensure that the financial statements are GAAP and IFRS compliant
- Review and approve local GAAP ﬁnancial reporting and other regulatory reports, including preparation of the necessary ﬁnancial reports for presentation at the Board of Directors meeting.
- On time reporting of actual and forecast results.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements
- Supports the development of monthly and quarterly reporting to executive team on strategic performance
- Provide financial reporting and analysis to executive management team, support the Managing Director with financial KPIs and ad-hoc financial analysis to drive better decision-making and prioritization
- Advise the Management team, and other key members of senior management, on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters
- Assist in the management of day-to-day operations and assignments of accounting staff, plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule/assign work Alert management of potentially serious issues
- Suggest and lead proper finance organizational structures in order to ensure smooth finance processes standardization and common way of working
- Suggest and lead process automation in heavy repetitive, rule-based, transactional activities in order to free-up time for more value-added activities
- Establish standards and drive accountability across the Accounting, Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable and Internal Control functions and, together with BU Business Controller, define the cost accounting setups and build business partnering.
- Escalation point for all Transactional Finance issues (AP, AR, Payroll, Accounting)
- Lead/support career development, hiring, and training of finance personnel to ensure an effective and efficient finance team in Production Unit Artisan
- Participate in Business Unit ﬁnance initiatives, providing input to the Business Unit throughout all phases of the development of new/changing Business Unit ﬁnancial set ups.
- Manage overall treasury functions in cooperation with Sandvik Treasury for the entity
- Required to have a moderate level of understanding of the treasury and tax risks, controls and processes within the entity and the resulting ﬁnancial risks/impacts, working with the Country Treasurer and Tax to identify and mitigate these risks.
- Supporting Financial Compliance with country financial statutory and legal requirements
- Act as an ambassador strongly promoting an awareness and the importance of Internal Controls across the entity, validating that internal controls are implemented and operational and ensuring ﬁnancial and business risks are identiﬁed and mitigated.
- Create and maintain adequate and appropriate procedural documentation
- Assist in the development and execution of accounting policies and procedures, developing work instructions
- Lead the data collection efforts to support the annual year end audit
- Interact with auditors, perform ad hoc analysis and complex reconciliations as required
- Function as back-up for other roles finance within the entity
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Ability to work well with employees in various departments within the Company
- Ability to anticipate problems and respond proactively & ability to challenge the business and set high standards
- Ability to and comfortable to remotely lead teams and drive change/results in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly-interactive environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills in a team environment
- Must be a motivated self-starter with ability to prioritize workload and manage deadlines with little supervision
- Adheres to tight and strict deadlines while maintaining quality and integrity of the brand
- Teamwork, cooperation, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance and/or equivalent education and experience
- CPA license or working towards obtaining a CPA license is a plus
- Experience with ERP Systems, Epicor ERP system a plus
- 7-10 years of accounting experience; preferably in a manufacturing environment with high focus on accounting processes, month end closing, internal or external audit, internal controls or financial control, of which several years in a senior management position
Skills/Special Training Required to Effectively Perform the Job:
- Experience with data management and queries
- Proficient in developing financial models
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting procedures
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency level within MS Excel (Pivots, Lookups, Indexes)
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS internal controls, and financial reporting
- Strong work ethic with high integrity and ethical standards and strong solving skills
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
Careers with Artisan/Sandvik:
Artisan offers a career opportunity with an international company that develops and creates cutting edge electric and hybrid technology. You will be part of a fast growing establishment of highly motivated people who have a strong will to succeed. With us, you have substantial opportunities for personal development, and will be working with highly skilled colleagues. Artisan Vehicle Systems provides a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans, paid vacation and 11 paid holidays.
Artisan/Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at +(1) 805-512-9955 Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set