- Deadline: 23 Apr
- Country: Ireland
- Location: Dublin
- Job-ID: R0026788
- Job category: Finance
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
‘ARE YOU 'CUSTOMER FOCUSED & TEAM PLAYER'
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Tax Manager (M2) role in our Dublin Office.
SMC Logistics (SMCL) is a very complex and large entity within Sandvik Group and BA SMRT. The management of tax risk across many global locations is a critical component of the Finance function, supporting SMR Divisions with their compliance needs.
The Tax Manager plays an important leadership role in SMCL, working closely with Financial Control, to ensure a fully tax compliant business and to promote adherence to best practice in respect of tax requirements. Due to the broad regional and functional scope of SMCL, the Tax Manager must also act a trusted partner to the Divisions working through SMCL.
The role is involved early in discussions on changes in business process both with external third parties and with internal Sandvik entities. The Tax Manager also collaborates closely with Group Tax representatives in both Indirect Tax and Transfer Pricing to ensure Sandvik Group policy is adhered to.
- Support the ERP implementation in SMCL in the areas of Direct Tax, Indirect Tax and Transfer Pricing. This includes functional design, process development, testing and business support during deployment.
- Support the ERP implementation in Sale Units, particularly with focus on alignment of complex Operational Transfer Pricing set-up across BA SMR
- Provide fully informed tax advice to dependent functions within SMCL, BA SMR Divisions and centralised functions to facilitate efficiency in flows, reduce complexity and meet business strategies without adding tax risk
- Identify MOMI and other significant VAT risks. Engage with Group Tax, SMR Common Function and divisional stakeholders to rectify
- Ensure readiness for, and implementation of, new tax laws
- Review non-MOMI contracts to identify any potential issues or risks with contracts
- Tax efficiency - collaborate with Divisional functional leaders to improve operational processes to reduce working capital, costs outcomes and business risk
- Tax controversy (audits) - mitigate risk at entity level through compliance with Group Tax procedure
- Implement Group Tax policy and strategy at entity level
- Perform quarterly assessment of Tax Risk Management for the entity. Report to Group Tax, as required
- Drive the tax compliance processes improvement through adherence to Internal Controls Framework
- Provide Income Tax / Payroll Tax advice as required in respect of local employees
- Ensure high levels of Corporate Governance through preparing Board meetings in line with SMR subsidiary guidance and Companies Office (Ireland) filings
- Ensure review of legally binding documents meets the requirements set out by BA SMR
- People Management – Line management for SMCL Tax Specialist
- University degree in Business / Finance, Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a business of finance course
- 3-5 years in the tax department of a large firm10 + years in tax in an MNC
- Practical knowledge and experience of tax operational process
- Corporate Tax Knowledge & Significant practical indirect tax knowledge
- Highly proficient in analysis and data management
- Highly developed influencing and presentation skills
- Analysis and process development skills
- Operational transfer pricing understanding
- ERP implementation understanding
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, daily fresh fruit, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Flexible start & Finish times
- Initially this will be remote working due to Covid-19 restrictions
Divisions in BA SMR & BA SRP
Divisions in BA SMR and BA SRP utilize SMC Logistics to provide logistics services for aftermarket parts and rock tools. The company owns inventory across a warehouse network in 12 countries across the globe. In 2019, the company was recognized within the Top 100 companies in Ireland with Revenue equating to approximately 15% of Sandvik Group activity.
SMC Logistics (SMCL) is a large complex entity within the Sandvik Group (Business Area: SMR) with a wide variety of tax obligations. It is engaged in the procurement and sale of tools and spare parts for mining and construction equipment to group companies and operates through warehouses in a number of countries worldwide.
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: The Finance Control Manager
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HRIreland@Sandvik.com
The closing date for applications is 23rd April 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Deadline: 23 Apr