Financial Manager - M2
- Deadline: 7 May
- Country: South Africa
- Location: Boksburg
- Job-ID: R0026701
- Job category: Finance
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
The purpose of the role is to record financial information and to prepare financial reports accurately within the allocated time frames.
Key Performance Areas
- Comply with the legal and statutory framework of policies, business processes, procedures and standards pertaining to recording, classifying, monitoring, and reporting on use and disposition of financial resources.
- Establish, maintain, and apply an institution-specific framework of policies, business processes, procedures and standards pertaining to recording, classifying, monitoring, and reporting on the use and disposition of financial resources.
- Responsible for the timeous preparation and accurate reporting of financial results on BPC for Sandvik South Africa companies.
- Ensure effective implementation of group instructions in relation to financial control.
- Monitor and manage ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) setup to ensure accuracy of financial results
- Manage day to day accounting transactions
- Prepare annual financial statements for group companies including consolidated group financial results
- Calculate and submit annual tax returns, provisional tax returns.
- Ensure timeous resolution of all SARS queries as well as managing tax risks for Sandvik South Africa companies.
- Managing compliance with other statutory matters such as Treasury, Statistics South Africa BBBEE requirements,
- Work with Business control on preparing budgets per group reporting timelines
- Investigate reasons for variances between actual and budgeted results, advice on reasons and corrective actions for variances.
- Review and authorize general ledger reconciliations
- Oversee in the preparation of quarterly Board packs
- Managing General ledger accountants for Sandvik South Africa companies
- Assisting internal business customers with finance solutions.
- Managing financial operations including Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable , asset management and reporting.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecast and treasury management.
- Co-ordinate and support yearly statutory audits. Interim Audit and final audit.
- Implement management comment points corrective action from statutory Auditors
- Perform adhoc tasks as required by the General Manager – Finance & Business Control
- Continuous implementation of improvements to internal controls and procedures
- Management of the finance department.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Preferably Employment equity candidate
- Must be able to liaise on all levels in the organisation
- Experience in managing finance department in multinational group
- Competence in managing, motivating and developing diversified staff in finance department
- Knowledge and understanding of financial systems, the components thereof and the application of the system
- Willing to work extended hours during financial reporting cycles as well as during ad hoc reporting periods.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to attend to finest detail whilst executing outputs to ensure the quality of service delivery
- The ability to execute outputs with correctness and precision to eliminate errors
How to apply
Please apply online through the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers.
Applications close: 07 May 2021
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Deadline: 7 May