- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Hebron, Kentucky
- Job-ID: R0026554
- Job category: Finance
Sandvik Machining Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting. Products are manufactured in cemented carbide and other hard materials such as diamond, cubic boron nitride and special ceramics. Americas Distribution Center of Sandvik Machining Solutions is based in Hebron, KY. About 90 employees take care for the daily processing of more than 12000 order lines each day.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
As a Staff Accountant you are dedicated to:
Provide efficient handling of the general accounting activities, ensure compliance with IFRS, local legislation and Sandvik processes & regulation in the general accounting area and support SMS Logistics’ Finance team in Lucerne, Switzerland.
- Develops the ways of working in the general accounting area.
- Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and capital expenditure schedules.
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Cost center controlling
- Accounts payable processing
- Conducts or assists in accounting/finance projects.
- Provides financial support, including forecasting, budgeting and analyzing variations from forecasts.
- Support local management team in analyses and decision making. Member of local management team.
- Support SMS Logistics’ Finance team in analyses and projects. Member of SMS Logistics’ finance team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting. Minimum of 5 year’s accounting experience in a similar position. CPA preferred.
- Possess an excellent understanding of financial processes, reporting and accounting.
- Proficient in use of Windows/Microsoft Office and other Microsoft applications and tools (SAP Knowledge, Advanced Excel)
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Working in an environment of continuous improvements as a natural part of your character identifying small and large improvements that challenge the norm.
- Possesses team leadership, problem analysis and solving, and actively consults with management and stakeholders providing expertise in prioritizing and pacing project activities and milestones to achieve organizational objectives.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
The role may involve domestic and international travel up to 10% and will report to the Site Manager. Initial training, a few weeks, will occur in Lucerne, Switzerland (if travel is allowed).
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested in joining our team, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply to the Staff Accountant position #R0026554
- Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a robust benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
- Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set