- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
- Job-ID: R0025475
- Job category: Finance
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into three product areas: Tube; Strip, Wire and Heating Technology; and Primary Products.
Key performance areas
The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide efficient handling of the general accounting activities. To ensure compliance with IFRS, local legislation and Sandvik Processes and regulations in the general accounting area.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Develop the ways of working in the general accounting area
- Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects. If required, provides financial support, including forecasting, budgeting and analyzing variations from budget. If required, analyzes and prepares statutory accounts, financial statements and reports
You possess a Bachelor’s degree in General Accounting, Finance, or a related field. You should also possess 5 to 10 years of related experience. You have experience in Sales and Use Tax legislation and in Indirect Taxes and are proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel). Knowledge of and experience with SAP and Business Object would be a significant plus.
Additionally, you possess below skills:
- Detail and service oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Positive, good working attitude, willing to contribute, team player and able to work independently
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ to the General Accountant position, Job Requisition ID# R0025475.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set