Accounting and Purchasing Specialist
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Mebane, North Carolina
- Job-ID: R0025220
- Job category: Finance
Sandvik Coromant in Mebane, NC is looking for a
Accounting and Purchasing Specialist
At Sandvik Coromant, we pride ourselves on pushing boundaries and testing limits by rethinking, redesigning and redefining to figure out what’s possible to achieve. It’s a dynamic, entrepreneurial and global setting with many brilliant minds and a clear philosophy – we shape the future of manufacturing in close collaboration with our customers! We now have an exciting and challenging opportunity…
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
We are looking for a Accounting and Purchasing Specialist
The Specialist will provide oversight and input for purchasing of indirect materials and provide daily support to the Accounts Payable and Finance functions.
Purchasing Duties: 80%
- Process approved purchase requisition for Tool Crib, Maintenance, Sub-contractors, building maintenance
- Develop and maintain work instructions for requestors and provide training as required
- Maintain records an Maintain Sandvik purchasing tools such as Supplier Register, Savings Tracker and Contract Database
- Assist Sandvik Category Managers & Coromant Strategic Team with Indirect Purchasing projects.
- Ability to run basic RFI/RFP for site specific services such as Cleaning Services & Lawn Maintenance
- Maintain and set up data necessary for purchasing system
- Maintain Vendor data per the Code of Conduct and NDA for vendors
- Update necessary systems with correct pricing from vendors
Accounting Duties: 20%
- Provide daily support for Accounts Payable processing
- Process Monthly accounting journal entries
- Review Accounting and Inventory transaction for accuracy
- Interface with Corporate office and other PU financial employees
Minimum of 3 plus years in manufacturing indirect material purchasing and accounting in accounts payable and inventory processing. Experience with internal systems (GSS, Sopic, Verian, Maintenance Connection) would be preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Excel, PowerPoint. Minimum – 2-year associates degree in Accounting or higher or equivalent relevant experience. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Knowledge of purchasing strategies for indirect expense items. Knowledge of accounts payable processing and the accounting chart of accounts categories.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to apply to the Accounting and Purchasing Specialist position, Job Opening # R0025220
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set