Financial Planning and Projects Manager
- Deadline: 5 Mar
- Country: Ireland
- Location: Dublin
- Job-ID: R0024882
- Job category: Finance
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
‘ARE YOU 'CUSTOMER FOCUSED & TEAM PLAYER'
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for a Financial Planning & Projects Manager (M2) role in our Dublin Office.
The Financial Planning and Projects Lead is required to work closely with both Logistics and Finance teams across all divisions operating through SMC Logistics to support achievement of their business strategies and objectives. The role also should collaborate closely with other functions in SMC Logistics Finance including Tax, Accounting, Treasury and Accounts Payable to coordinate any common activity. The successful candidate will drive efficiencies and continuous improvements in SMC Logistics Finance and will represent the function in the SMR Seamless Flow Program implementing SAP S/4HANA.
SMC Logistics Finance team lead on the SMR Seamless Flow Program implementing SAP S/4HANA. Ensuring the requirements of relevant finance processes are represented in the design phase through to delivery in the new solution and follow best practices for internal controls. This will involve participation in project workshops, acting as a central point of contact, liaising with the core project team and driving and managing successful completion of roles/tasks assigned to the finance team. This will also include (but not limited to) tasks such as supporting data migration (scoping legacy data, data mapping and cleansing), testing of new solution, training, analysis and other inputs on an ad-hoc basis.
Manage, drive and influence the development and implementation of system and process improvements for SMCL, to drive efficiencies and provide a best in class service to stakeholders throughout the following areas:
- Logistics and Sourcing
- Accounts Payable and Receivable (Internal and External)
- General Accounting
- Management Reporting and Analysis
- BPC Reporting and Analysis
- Other Group/BA initiatives
- SMCL Finance Reporting: Responsible for maintaining and developing SMCL’s existing Power BI environment (including access management). In addition, this role is responsible for assessing the HANA database and its reporting capability within the S/4 environment and defining the future of SMCL Finance Reporting.
Support each division to implement decentralisation strategy as follows:
- Warehouse developments/restructure
- New Stockroom set-up and testing
- Product Line Integrations
- De-integration from SMCL, if required
- Any other assigned actions
Support the development and implementation of new divisional systems/software (i.e. Blue Yonder, Pagero, etc) by:
- Being part of the project team, attending relevant meetings/workshops.
- Providing input, guidance and feedback as required.
- Testing the flow from source system to legacy system and SAP S/4HANA through to the financial result.
- Liaising with GA and AP teams to ensure source data is updated for new process.
- Documenting new process and sharing with relevant teams to ensure seamless transition.
- Performing financial risk assessments on these systems.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly project pack to management team.
- Identification of SMCL risks and opportunities and awareness of impact on financial results. Mitigation of risks where possible.
- Sharing knowledge and influencing others to drive efficiencies and continuous improvements.
- Proactive engagement with Finance Solution Architect and SMR/SRP IT to promote resolution of SMCL developments in a timely manner.
- Alignment with SMR BA enhancement priorities and promoting best practice.
- Support divisions through managing ongoing Transfer Pricing alignment process.
- People Management – Line management for Financial Projects Analyst.
- University degree in Business / Finance Qualified Accountant – ACA or ACCA qualification
- 7 + years relevant work experience in a senior Finance and Accounting role, driving change.
- Highly developed stakeholder management, influencing & negotiating skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, take initiative, problem solve, self-motivate and manage own time.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English
- Highly organised with good planning and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within an organisation
- Ability to anticipate problems and respond proactively
- Ability to challenge the business and set high standards
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, daily fresh fruit, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Flexible start & Finish times
- Initially this will be remote working due to Covid-19 restrictions
Divisions in BA SMR & BA SRP
Divisions in BA SMR and BA SRP utilize SMC Logistics to provide logistics services for aftermarket parts and rock tools. The company owns inventory across a warehouse network in 12 countries across the globe. In 2019, the company was recognized within the Top 100 companies in Ireland with Revenue equating to approximately 15% of Sandvik Group activity.
SMC Logistics (SMCL) is a large complex entity within the Sandvik Group (Business Area: SMR) with a wide variety of tax obligations. It is engaged in the procurement and sale of tools and spare parts for mining and construction equipment to group companies and operates through warehouses in a number of countries worldwide.
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: The Finance Director SMC Logistics
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HRIreland@Sandvik.com
The closing date for applications is 5th March 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid permit to work in the EU.
Deadline: 5 Mar