- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Bethel, Connecticut
- Job-ID: R0021100
- Job category: Finance
Kanthal in Bethel CT, is looking for a
Kanthal is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Sandvik Wire and Heating Technology is a product unit within (SMT). Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into four product areas: Tube, Strip, Wire and Heating Technology - and Primary Products.
Kanthal is now looking for an experienced and results-driven leader to join our team!
Key performance areas
Responsible for the financial controls, administration and information systems within the corporation. Direct and coordinate activities that comply with Kanthal's internal controls and adherence to corporate processes and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and comply with town/state/federal rules and regulations.
- Act as secretary and treasurer of the legal entity.
- Perform cost accounting.
- Follow-up on sales orders, cost and profitability development of each order.
- Annual/monthly reporting; including analysis and forecasts and special studies and reports within the finance/control area.
- Coordinate budget process, to include analysis and compilations.
- Analyze problem areas; initiate solutions and follow through to ensure problem areas are corrected.
- Analysis of inventories to ensure inventories are properly valued and advise in logistic decisions.
- Develop and maintain Kanthal’s standard systems for accounting and information control.
- Guide the administrative and computer systems development.
- Implementation of unique systems and procedures to enhance the company's efficiency and profitability.
- Contribute to the development of strategies, targets and goals. Partner with teams in setting pricing guidelines and formulas to establish customer price lists.
- Communicate company policies, establish standards of performance for all subordinates.
Minimum of five years of corporate accounting experience preferably within a similar manufacturing environment. Senior level experience and skilled at communicating across all levels in the organization. Previous work with ERP system (Movex-M3 is an advantage but not a must) and advanced knowledge of Pivot tables and formulas in MS Excel is a must. Excellent business acumen, preferably with sound knowledge of global business. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters Degree preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as Lotus Notes, ADP, HRIS systems and accounting software.
Other competencies and skills
Knowledge of standard processes, methods and tools for creating and maintaining accurate and thorough financial reports (both for financial and business control purposes). Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors. Ability to work within a group to set objectives/agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, guide and motivate group to achieve goals/objective
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
At Kanthal, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Business Controller position, Job Req. ID# R0021100.
Kanthal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set