- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Ballston Spa, New York
- Job-ID: R0021061
- Job category: Finance
Dura-Mill in Malta, NY is looking for a
Dura-Mill is a world class manufacturer of precision cutting tools for the metalworking industry. The tools manufactured are made from solid tungsten micro-grain carbide and are used in various industries that include; Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Power Generation, Medical and Tool & Die. The plant is fully automated with the latest CNC grinding equipment. Our products are exclusively sold through authorized industrial distributors throughout the U.S., Canada & Mexico. We are proud to be part of the Sandvik Coromant family! We are looking for a dynamic results-orientated business leader to join our team in Malta, NY!
Key performance areas
As a Business Controller you will provide plant management timely and relevant fiscal reports and assist plant with financial data as necessary by interpreting and implementing operating budgets and policies. Maintain cost and inventory control systems within corporate guidelines for the Production facility. Provide monthly reporting to corporate finance to include profitability, inventory cost & variance analysis.
- Interpreting financial/accounting policies and implementing policies by creating operating processes/practices
- Analyzing data to provide financial reports on plant profitability, inventory and manufacturing cost including variances to plan
- Maintain control systems which track sales, cost of goods sold, manufacturing cost, work in process and inventory
- Control systems; including analysis of exceptions, general ledger entries, production cost and reconciliations
- Responsible for analyzing and reconciling inventory in transit, variances to purchase prices and manufacturing expenses. Will provide valuation of inventory, utilizing control and audit of standard cost, cycle counts and inventory adjustments
- Responsible for assisting plant management with preparation of capital appropriation request and the annual plant financial budget as well as quarterly forecasts. Analyze and prepare reports on sales, product orders, plant results and inventory.
Ability to leverage knowledge of cost accounting and finance management to effectively collaborate with management on the status of the plant’s financial strength.
Minimum of 6 years of manufacturing cost accounting experience which focuses in computerized standard cost environment. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Engineering with a Business minor preferred. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
Dura-Mill offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Business Controller position, JO # R0021061
Dura-Mill is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Not set