- Deadline: 16 Aug
- Country: Botswana
- Location: Francistown
- Job-ID: R0020074
- Job category: Finance
Accounts Assistant – S1
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
To administer and maintain correct accounting records and to provide effective organization’s accounting operations and effective accounting administration.
This service is rendered to Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology clients (internal and external) to ensure quality reports and records.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintenance of accurate and current customer records. Implementation of key aurora changes and AR related project
- Regular monthly customer visits to resolve outstanding items and chase for collections.
- Debtors’ reconciliations and allocation of receivables.
- Ensuring accurate reconciliation of customer advances and cash sales
- Compliance with internal controls for AR as per the internal controls’ matrix.
- Ensuring proper filing of all documents and sign offs.
- Invoicing, collection and reconciliation of intragroup receivables. Assisting with ICM reporting, netting and liaison with inter group entities
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Input payments into the company online banking system. Daily, weekly and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Management of treasury payments – filing & preparing payments
- Petty cash management
- Diploma / Degree in Financial Management/Financial Accounting
- Part Qualification - ACCA/CIMA or similar
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Proven competence in Microsoft applications - advanced in Excel
- Business language requirement
- Should be familiar with Aurora
- At least 1-years’ experience in the finance department
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Deadline driven – very tight schedule
- Must be willing learn and able to develop academically.
- Good working knowledge of the Botswana tax laws.
Notice period on all positions is 20 working days from date of resignation, unless otherwise agreed to by managers.
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS), or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers, reference R0020074
Applications close: 17 August 2020
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, ou
Deadline: 16 Aug