Financial Accounting Specialist
- Deadline: 17 Mar
- Country: Australia
- Location: Milton, Queensland
- Job-ID: R0017924
- Job category: Finance
Financial Accounting Specialist
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Financial Accounting Specialist role is responsible for the provision of technical accounting advice to internal stakeholders to ensure proper accounting treatment as per Australian and International Accounting Standards. Key responsibilities of the role will include performance of contract reviews, and preparation of statutory accounts for local and overseas entities.
Areas of responsibility
- Provide technical accounting advice for complex accounting issues, in accordance with Australian and International Accounting Standard
- Complete contract reviews to ensure appropriate accounting treatment
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for local and overseas entities in accordance with Australian and International Accounting Standards
- Completion of, and assistance with regulatory returns as required
- Participation in external audit activities
- Other ad-hoc projects and tasks as and when required.
You are a skilled CPA/CA qualified accountant with technical financial reporting experience in a large and complex corporate environment. You have a strong understanding of Australian and International Accounting Standards, and the ability to apply this knowledge to complex transactions in a fast-paced environment. You are well organised and able to prioritise work to ensure key deliverables are delivered on time and to a high standard. You have excellent interpersonal skills and pride yourself on being a team player. You have a proven ability to work with stakeholders and provide a customer focussed service.
You are an excellent communicator and have the ability to influence others and drive change. You are skilled on excel and able to work with other finance systems.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
What we offer
- Additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications close: 17 March 2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website home.sandvik/careers
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
07 3621 1823
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: 17 Mar