- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Smyrna, Georgia
- Job-ID: R0016212
- Job category: Finance
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Smyrna, GA is looking for a
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Staff Accountant at the Smyrna, GA location.
The Staff Accountant prepares timely, accurate and relevant financial and management reports and maintains the general ledger.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Performs monthly cash and balance sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Conduct monthly closings and produces financial statements in compliance with Sandvik guidelines
- Manage financial reports in compliance with Sandvik reporting procedures
- Prepares management reports as directed
- Maintains the fixed asset register and processes acquisitions, disposals and depreciation entries
- Responsibilities include accuracy and maintenance of general ledger journal entries as directed
- Monitors system driven cost allocation processes
- Processes wire transfers and ACH transfers as required
- Assists with annual audit and tax package as required
Safety and Environment
- Complies with SMC safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work practices
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures
- Actively Supports Company sponsored community initiatives
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
You possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting and reporting. Sound understanding of modern accounting principles and regulations.
Additional Competencies Required:
- Ability to quickly acquire and assimilate knowledge in a complex environment
- Highly responsive and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible according to the needs of the business
- Detailed oriented
- Financial analysis skills
We offer a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, dental, PTO, holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Staff Accountant position, Job Req. ID# R0016212.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set