- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Job-ID: R0014670
- Job category: Finance
INROCK in Houston, TX is looking for a
INROCK, part of Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology (SMRT), is a leader in supplying pilot hole bits, reamers, guidance systems, accessories and service for the premium maxi rig sector of horizontal directional drilling (HHD) operations in North America. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Key performance areas
Supports the objectives of the department including its control environment, timely and accurate close, cost center budgeting, and actual to budget variance analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Participate in the monthly close cycle, ensuring all cutoffs and deadlines are met and monthly results are accurate.
- Create journal entries as needed and reconciles assigned accounts.
- Communicates with a range of related parties to ensure that intercompany balances are posted accurately and on a timely basis.
- Prepares balance sheet review package quarterly.
- Work on ad-hoc projects and reports as requested.
- Conduct general ledger maintenance.
- Responsible for assisting with tax filings for multiple states.
- Follow and promote the policies of Sandvik Financial Reporting Policies and Procedures.
- Actively contribute to application of EHS policies within the department.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately.
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily during a 90-day probationary period. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The preferred candidate for this role will have a BS in accounting, three years’ work experience with a manufacturing company, a demonstrated competence in MS Dynamics NAV, and a strong ability to use MS Excel to solve problem. Public accounting experience would be a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accounting guidance, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal customers, external auditors, or fellow financial professionals in an appropriate manner.
- Apply logical and mathematical concepts to financial and operational matters.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial and accounting information.
We offer a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, dental, PTO, holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Senior Accountant position, Job Req. ID# R0014670.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set