Credit Staff Accountant
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Job-ID: R0010234
- Job category: Finance
InRock in Houston, TX is looking for a
Credit Staff Accountant
InRock, part of Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology (SMRT), is a leader in supplying pilot hole bits, reamers, guidance systems, accessories and service for the premium maxi rig sector of horizontal directional drilling (HHD) operations in North America. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Key performance areas
The Credit Staff Accountant supports the goals of the Company by improving cash flow, increasing communication with customers, executing on collection and credit extension procedures, and recommending process improvement throughout the order to cash process. Other duties can be assigned to this team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate customer and vendor credit applications and on-boarding
- Contact customers on an as needed or as prescribed basis
- Contribution to sales tax reporting monthly
- Reconcile internal and external accounts to identify items in need of a resolution
- Act as an owner and maintainer of customer and vendor master data
- Run aging reports as needed by management and to support monthly reporting of same
- Support the creation and/or maintenance of internal control narratives, documentation, and matrices for the organization
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for management as well as auditors
- Follow and promote the policies of Sandvik Financial Reporting Policies and Procedures.
- Contributing to month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close efforts, and ad hoc financial analysis &/or control analysis
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per policy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily during a 90-day probationary period. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school graduate, ideally with some college. Two years of work experience in accounting function required; experience with MS Dynamics NAV would be a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accounting guidance, financial reports, and legal documents
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal customers, external auditors, or fellow financial professionals in an appropriate manner
- Apply logical and mathematical concepts to financial and operational matters
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial and accounting information
We offer a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, dental, PTO, holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Credit Staff Accountant position, Job Req. ID# R0010234.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set