Senior Accounting Control Analyst
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Job-ID: R0010230
- Job category: Finance
InRock in Houston, TX is looking for a
Senior Accounting Control Analyst
InRock, part of Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology (SMRT), is a leader in supplying pilot hole bits, reamers, guidance systems, accessories and service for the premium maxi rig sector of horizontal directional drilling (HHD) operations in North America. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Key performance areas
The Senior Accounting Control Analyst is responsible for internal control management. Responsibilities include reviewing existing accounting and financial processes in place, working with respective functional areas to enact a prescribed internal control framework, identifying areas of risk, making valuable recommendations on controls, and influencing changes and decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Assist in the implementation, monitoring, and review of the Group Internal Control Procedural Framework
- Set up and manage the internal control tasks that are the responsibility of the accounting department
- In charge of the inventory of the company's procedures, the follow-up of their updating, their validation by the ones in charge of the fields concerned, the verification of their implementation
- Plan and execute as a primary point of contact a variety of audit engagements, including operational reviews, financial and compliance audits and business process and control assessments
- Identify audit exceptions, internal control weaknesses, inefficient practices and procedures, and recommend creative and effective corrective action
- Hold preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify and obtain explanations and reasons for each apparent deficiency
- Creation and/or maintenance of internal control narratives, documentation, and matrices for the organization
- Manage and assist in Inventory and Fixed Asset counting
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for management as well as auditors
- Follow and promote the policies of Sandvik Financial Reporting Policies and Procedures
- Contributing to month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close efforts, and ad hoc financial analysis &/or control analysis
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per policy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily during a 90-day probationary period. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and 2-4 years of experience in internal audit or public accounting. Experience with MS Dynamics NAV or CPA certification would be a plus, but strong MS Excel skills are a requirement.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accounting guidance, financial reports, and legal documents
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal customers, external auditors, or fellow financial professionals in an appropriate manner
- Apply logical and mathematical concepts to financial and operational matters
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial and accounting information
We offer a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, dental, PTO, holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Senior Accounting Control Analyst position, Job Req. ID# R0010230.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set