Field Service Technician-Mechanical Cutting
- Deadline: 30 May
- Country: Canada
- Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Job-ID: R0008852
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking a
Field Service Technician – Mechanical Cutting
Location: Saskatoon, SK
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling. Currently, we have an opportunity for a Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Field Service Technician – Mechanical Cutting) to join our team in the Saskatoon, SK area.
The Field Service Technician – Mechanical Cutting is responsible for troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of the mechanical and/or electrical aspects of equipment and components according to defined specifications. The Field Service Technician – Mechanical Cutting is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites with minimal supervision.
· Inspects equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions.
· Adjust equipment & repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scope of work.
· Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance.
· Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists.
· Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
· Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
· Builds strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
· Ensures customer satisfaction within area of primary responsibility.
· Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
· Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
· Proactively ensures community involvement within the area of responsibility.
· Excellent troubleshooting ability.
· Knowledge of hydraulics, electrical systems and mechanical cutting.
· Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics.
· Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills.
· Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Written and verbal communication skills.
· Flexible, self motivated and drive to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets.
· Computer literacy.
· Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
· Knowledge of customer’s industry.
· Superior customer relations and active listening skills (enrich language to show customer service requirement).
· 5 years related experience with industry-specific equipment.
EDUCATION LICENCES & CERTIFICATES
· Technical certification or diploma in HD Mechanics.
· Ability to work varied shift scheduled.
· Ability to travel as required.
· May be required to work in an underground environment
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to Job Requisition R0008852 no later than May 31, 2019.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: 30 May