Facilities Maintenance Manager
Sandvik Materials Technology located in Palm Coast in, Palm Coast, FL is looking for an Maintenance Facilities Manager
Sandvik Palm Coast is a leading manufacturer of medical fine wire and components to the medical device industry. As part of the Sandvik Materials Technology organization, we offer a world of opportunities within our diverse businesses and cross-border networks to enable you to explore your potential and thrive in our company.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability, and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
Key Performance Areas:
Assume primary responsibility for, and oversight of the maintenance, renovation and security of all Sandvik Palm Coast and Tucson owned and managed buildings and facilities. Plan, schedule, assign and supervise assigned maintenance personnel. Conduct Request for Proposal and Request for Bid processes. Assure quality control by developing and implementing an inspection and maintenance schedule, in addition to conducting regular review of contractor work in progress. Assess renovation needs and prepare deficiency lists, cost estimates, plans and specifications. Oversee budget related to all Sandvik owned and managed buildings and facilities energy projects and construction/rehabilitation. Develop and implement maintenance-related policies, procedures and assure staff are consistently and sufficiently trained in safety protocols. Coordinate assigned activities with other internal departments and outside agencies, providing timely and regular communication on projects to involved partners.
- Create a culture of safety by educating employees on safety standards and expectations and safe operation of equipment. Advise leadership team on safety compliance concerns and required preventative actions.
- Assume management responsibility for all services and activities of Facilities Maintenance Department including building and grounds maintenance, construction, inventory, and related administrative activities and reporting.
- Coordinate maintenance with manufacturing, engineering, quality, or supply chain as well as external providers.
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are recording accurate and detailed information in work orders for accurate work history and data-driven decisions.
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of Facilities Maintenance goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned programs; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods. Plan, direct coordinate and review the maintenance work plan including assignment of work tasks/activities, projects and programs; review and evaluate work product meeting with staff regularly to resolve problems.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate maintenance personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Inspect progress and results of work assigned to staff or contractors to ensure compliance with Sandvik Materials Technology standards; ensure adequate and positive preventative maintenance programs at Tucson, AZ and Palm Coast, FL Production Units; maintain and control inventories; perform maintenance analysis; prepare and present reports and studies.
- Administer and monitor service contracts held for construction and/or maintenance; review change orders, plans and specifications, ensure contracted services are conducted in compliance with contractual obligations.
- Develop and track project schedules and budgets.
- Develop and maintain a list of on-call maintenance vendors (cleaners, painters, landscapers, etc.); this may be achieved through procurement of a service that validates trade providers.
• Project management techniques such as scheduling, budget preparation, and contract administration.
• Principles and practices of building construction, electrical/mechanical systems, maintenance, basic engineering, building codes and standards.
• Office procedures, business mathematics application, computer office equipment and procedures, and spreadsheet software.
• Operations, services, and activities of a building and grounds maintenance program.
• Supervisory and management leadership principles.
• Read and interpret building blueprints, sketches and specifications.
• Prepare, review, and approve comprehensive business correspondence, reports, contracts, specifications, and estimates for assigned projects, documents, manuals, and presentations.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- 5+ years in Maintenance and Facilities Management
- AA or Bachelors Degree in related field
Deadline: Not set