Quality, EHS and Risk Manager
Want to join a global leader in the specialized materials industry? If you’ve got 5 or more years of experience with a Quality and EHS focus, are confident in your people skills, and are eager to join an industry standard-setting team, Sandvik Coromant wants to speak with you!
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. We believe that engineering is the lifeblood of society - developing, changing, molding and evolving our everyday lives. With 8,000 employees in 130 countries, we’re uniquely positioned to set the industry standard for high-tech manufacturing.
Key performance areas
As the Quality, EHS, and Risk Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining, implementing, and managing all aspects of quality in the production unit and maintaining EHS and Risk compliance for the site. You will lead, develop, and motivate a team of quality personnel while working closely with all other functions to achieve expected EHS and risk results while maintaining ISO and legal compliance. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain and update quality, health safety, and environment management systems (ISO 45001, 14001, 9001)
- Directly manage QA and QC personnel
- Manage legal compliance in areas of responsibility
- Maintain tooling quality standards, inspection, and testing methods/procedures
- Determine required test equipment for incoming/in-process/finished product inspections
- Maintain records, including charts, statistical analyses, and reports
- Analyze customer complaints for improvement opportunities
- Arrange and conduct employee trainings
- Organize and perform internal and external audits for system compliance
- Analyze capital equipment requests and process implementation/modification
- Work across functions in various areas, including auditing, quality, and environmental.
- Perform other functions as assigned
The Quality, EHS, and Risk Manager role requires someone who is knowledgeable of Quality systems and manufacturing principles. You should possess excellent written and verbal English communication skills along with a systematic, logical, and inventive approach to problem solving.
Additionally, the Quality, EHS, and Risk Manager:
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred or equivalent years of experience
- Has 5 Years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Has 5 Years of experience in a leadership or managerial role
- Can interpret common scientific/technical journals and legal documents.
- Responds to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Presents information to subordinates, peers, and top management effectively
- Has general personnel and development knowledge.
- Maintains working knowledge of employment laws and HS&E regulations
- Possesses a high level of knowledge in ISO 45001, 14001, 9001 and auditing
- Reads and understands blueprints with proficiency
This role also requires the ability to work on projects restricted to legal residents of the United States.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik./career to the Quality Engineer position, R0041169.
Sandvik Machining Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Not set