Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Sandvik Materials Technology-Sandvik Special Metals, LLC in Kennewick, WA is looking for
An Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. The cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and industry-leading metallurgy and R&D.
Sandvik Special Metals, a production unit in Sandvik Metals Technology is a leader in manufacturing of seamless titanium tubing used in the aerospace and recreational markets.
We have an immediate opening for an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager located in Kennewick, WA.
In this key role, the EHS Manager will be responsible for planning, directing, and implementing the organization’s environmental, health and safety, and security programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment and compliance to applicable laws and regulations by performing the following duties.
Key Performance Areas
- Oversee the Environmental, Health & Safety programs of the facility, including implementation, continuous improvement, and evaluation of effectiveness of the various programs.
- Monitor the facility’s compliance with Environmental, Health & Safety requirements and implement actions to prevent or correct non-compliance.
- Coordinate and conduct any needed studies, audits and investigations to ensure compliance with government safety and health laws, standards and regulations.
- Ensures accidents are investigated, determine causes and follow-up on any corrective actions.
- Promote a safety-minded workplace in a Union work environment, engaging the workforce to improve the safety culture within the facility.
- Manage the facility’s ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 certified Management System and maintain certification for the facility to the standards.
- Maintain the Document Control System for the integrated Management System using the CaneaOne platform and the separate SDS management system platform.
- Lead and coordinate Internal Audits for EHS and work with Quality on the integrated Management Systems.
- Conduct risk management evaluations, maintain the facility risk register and coordinate risk reduction activities based on the register.
- Support the Wastewater Operations of the facility with technical knowledge and guidance.
- Supervise the Workers’ Compensation program at the facility, working with an outside vendor to manage individual cases.
- Provide safety performance metrics to the Management Team and present regular status updates at management meetings.
- Instruct employees, contractors and visitors on various safety and environmental topics including regulatory required subjects (LOTO, HazCom, etc…)
- Inspect the facility systems and processes for nominal operations, including Fire Alarm, O2 Monitors, SPCC, Stormwater, Waste Storage and others.
- Submit annual and monthly reports to regulatory agencies and corporate offices on EHS including Air Emissions, SARA 311/312/313 reports, Hazardous Waste, NPDES discharges and other reports.
- Assist in managing onsite security
The qualified candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Safety or a related field or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in environmental, health and safety or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience desired
- Experience in accident/incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Sandvik Special Metals offers a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager Job Posting R0034747.
Deadline: Not set