Environmental Health & Safety Administrative Support
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Environmental Health & Safety Administrative Support (3 month contract)
Location: Lively, Mississauga, Val D’or, Winnipeg, Surrey BC
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering cover rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Environmental Health & Safety Administrative Support is responsible for promoting continuous improvement in an area of expertise within Environment, Health and Safety to improve performance and/or develop EHS as a business advantage.
- Support the revisions of the organization’s environmental, health and safety procedures and forms.
- May support studies, audits and investigations to ensure compliance with government safety and health laws, standards and regulations.
- Support the communication for supervisors in the incident management process
- Communicate, support and follows through with the Sandvik EHS Management system
- Promotes safety-conscious work performance and training programs.
- Provides safety performance measure reports on a monthly
- Ensuring adherence to the EHS Act and keeping up-to-date records in Sandvik’s database
- Providing recommendations for revisions to policies and procedures, as required, to reflect changes in legislation, legal requirements and/or business requirements
- Assisting and coordinating the upkeep and document control process
- Other duties as assigned
- College diploma
- 1-3 years’ experience in health and safety
- French-English bilingual proficiency an asset (both spoken and written)
- JHSC training and/or related experience
- Knowledge of applicable EHS legislation
- Extensive Microsoft Word and Excel Experience
- Computer literacy a major asset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Safety and Environment:
- Mandatory JHSC membership
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits and ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Administrative Support Representative job opening #R0029031. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Jul 8