Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for
Are you an EHS Specialist who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have EHS experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
Perform the EHS functions at the Production Unit in the Rotary Drill Division in Alachua.
Additionally, the EHS Specialist is responsible for:
- Provide a clear vision of the requirements, initiatives, actions and outcomes for the Alachua site in order to meet or exceed the required EHS standards. Ensure these activities are captured within yearly site EHS objectives and action plans, and they are supported by the required training and measurement tools.
- Provide recommendations for the improvement of EHS practices, business processes, operational practices and workplace design, through the review and assessment of incident reporting, incident investigations, injuries and workers compensation outcomes and by applying knowledge of legislative change or improvement in best practices.
- Maintain and improve the environmental and safety management systems (ISO 14001 & ISO 45001).
- Manage Workers Compensation cases, including maintaining the OSHA 300 log.
- Maintain legal compliance with all applicable OSHA, EPA, FLDEP and DOT regulations, including completion of all required reporting.
- Management of legal compliance and handling of multiple hazardous materials, including paints, solvents, lubricants, aerosols, and various non hazardous wastes. Conduct inspections of hazardous material and waste storage areas. Sign and file hazardous waste manifests and track hazardous waste generation. Serve as an Emergency Coordinator as specified in the site Emergency Contingency Plan.
- Perform all necessary internal audits and inspections.
- Drive the implementation and education of the Sandvik Mining EHS Strategic management plan.
- Plan and implement EHS policies and procedures in compliance with relevant legislation and corporate requirements.
- Source and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, wastes, equipment, and other materials.
- Recommend measures to reduce or eliminate industrial accident and health hazards
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries and manage the documentation
- Implement environmental policies and procedures in compliance with relevant legislation and corporate requirements.
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS system (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continued improvements.
The EHS Specialist will have a bachelor’s degree, preferred, ideally in science, environmental and/or safety discipline. Also individuals with working experience in an EHS role or dealing with EHS in a production environment. Exposure to EHS management systems within a manufacturing organization will be considered a plus. High School Diploma or GED. Must possess some mechanical and/or electrical background and have knowledge of basic hand tools.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the EHS Specialist position, Job Req. ID # R0028474.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set