- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Westminster, South Carolina
- Job-ID: R0022252
- Job category: Environment, Health & Safety
Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
Key performance areas
The EHS Engineer position promotes continuous improvement in an area of expertise within Environment, Health and Safety to improve performance and/or develop the EHS system as a business advantage.
Additionally, the EHS Engineer:
- Defines risk, safety, health and wellbeing, and environmental standards and requirements and establishes programs to achieve compliance and process improvement. Ensures that all risk, safety, and environmental policies and procedures are in compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations
- Develops and coordinates loss prevention program for compliance and improvement to achieve company goals.
- Coordinates and supports Management and the Safety Committee efforts in implementing specific plant safety programs and procedures across the whole organization
- Issues and maintains related documentation in the Business Management System
- Evaluates, develops, and manages efforts to address risk, safety, and environmental concerns/issues
- Ensures that Management and the Global EHS Organization receive timely and concise reports and documentation regarding all risk, safety, and environmental issues
- Ensures that Management and local and federal authorities receive timely reports as per their requirements.
- Uses appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately determine trends and document improvement activities
- Monitors effectiveness of all risk, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Provide risk, health and safety, and environmental training as required
- Directs and conducts routine and special risk, safety, and environmental compliance audits, reviews, and assessments
- Promotes the exchange of knowledge and expertise with other companies both within the group and outside at a local level
- Leads the site HazMat team
- Knowledgeable of OSHA and EPA standards
- Knowledgeable of Federal and local (state) environmental regulations
- Proficient in use of Windows/Microsoft Office and other Microsoft applications and tools (PowerBI, SharePoint, OneNote, Forms, Planner, etc.)
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Systematic, logical and inventive approach to problem solving, whilst maintaining agreed deadlines
- 3-5 years’ experience in risk, safety and environmental management in a manufacturing environment
BA/BS in Environmental Science or Industrial Engineering with specialization in the Environmental, Health and Safety area (or equivalent experience)
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ apply to the EHS Engineer position, Job Requisition ID# R0022252.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set