EHS & Quality Specialist
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Job-ID: R0021748
- Job category: Environment, Health & Safety
Allied Construction in Cleveland, OH is looking for an
Are you a motivated self-starter who cares about safety and the environment? Do you have a strong EHS background in a manufacturing environment? If so, Allied Construction has an engaging career opportunity for you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a leading supplier of equipment and services for the global mining and construction industry. Allied Construction, part of the SMRT group of companies, is responsible for sales and manufacturing of hydraulic attachments in the North American market.
Key performance areas
Lead the EHS and Quality (EHSQ) activities on site and field. Work as a management representative with plant management, production supervisors/managers, facilities management/staff and employees on all EHSQ matters. Manage continual improvement and development of EHS culture. In addition, you will perform site EHSQ compliance audits, and ensure all EHS audits and corrective actions are completed on time.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, implements and oversees the organization’s environmental, health and safety programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities always keeping customer needs in mind
- Ensure all facilities are in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Conduct studies, audits and investigations to ensure compliance with government safety and health laws, standards and regulations
- Ensures accidents are investigated and root causes determined
- Promotes safety-conscious work performance and training programs
- Provides safety performance measures
Roll-out of EHSQ way of working throughout the organization
- Development and maintenance of EHSQ management systems and continual improvement
- Maintain excellent communication with all stakeholders
Follow up on legal requirements and work with management team to ensure requirement fulfillment
- Accountability for staff following Sandvik quality and environmental sustainability standards and instructions
- Provide timely feedback to production process managers regarding the, Health and Safety results ensuring corrective and preventive measures take place
In addition to possessing a relevant Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Health & Safety Management, Chemical Engineering, Environmental or other related discipline, you have 5 plus years of experience in EHS management within a manufacturing environment. You are fully knowledgeable regarding OSHA standards and have training and experience in safety management.
You are a driven self-starter, highly motivated and comfortable working with limited supervision while delivering results in a fast-paced environment. You have well-developed leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and interact comfortably with colleagues and outside partners at all levels. You are a collaborative team player, with a proven background in leading and motivating cross-functional teams, and strong negotiation and project management skills.
Allied Construction offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the EHS Generalist position, Job Opening # R0021748.
Allied Construction is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set