- Deadline: 30 Oct
- Country: United Kingdom
- Location: Coventry
- Job-ID: R0020902
- Job category: Environment, Health & Safety
Sandvik Coromant Production in Coventry is looking for:
Environment, Health & Safety Manager
EXCELLENT ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS & THE ABILITY TO DRIVE CHANGE?
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We have world – leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems. The group has approximately 40,000 employees and representation in approximately 130 countries, with sales of about £7.3 billion.
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best solution for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best solution for you tomorrow. Our proactive career planning ensures that your performance is recognised and offers various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
The Coventry production site is a technically demanding COMAH Lower Tier facility and we are looking for an EHS Manager to manage and continue the further development of all aspects around EHS and required compliance, in conjunction with further enhancing the EHS culture in the facility.
Working with all areas of the site, you will continuously improve the EHS Management system, ensuring compliance to all relevant regulations and best practice. You will report to the Production Unit Director and be part of the Site Management Team.
As part of this role you will be:
- Driving all EHS initiatives on site
- Supporting Managers and employees on all general aspects relevant to safety legislation but in particular COMAH, COSHH, and DSEAR to ensure compliance with current safety regulations, with the primary aim of providing and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment throughout the business.
- The key point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders and authorities
- Establish key objectives and targets for the site, in line with company rules and expectations, whilst meeting the required legal requirements and legislation.
- Overall responsible for internal and external audits, identifying any potential hazards and weaknesses and developing implementing and tracking any corrective actions.
- Developing and maintaining Crisis Management systems, ensuring the correct crisis response.
- Ensure and support relevant assessments, incl Risk and Fire Assessment, DSEAR, PUWER HAZOP and LOPA methodologies
- Coordinating with company EHS functions to ensure the site is fully aware of and compliant with changes in company and legislative requirements,
- Overall responsibility to ensure incident, accident and near miss investigations and report internally and to the HSE if required. You will produce practical recommendations to prevent any recurrences through a coordinated team approach.
- Acting as the primary contact for Health and Safety Executive (CIM) and Environment Agency visits and responses.
- Maintaining, reviewing and advising and supporting all areas around COMAH requirements
You will have worked in a similar senior, technically demanding EHS role in a machinery/manufacturing environment; COMAH experience is a necessity. Qualifications should include NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (level 6 qualification), a recognised Environmental qualification (IEMA) and working CDM training. You will have experience of the implementation and operation of Safety and Environmental Management Systems, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001. You will also have considerable experience of working with external bodies, auditors and the HSE. In addition, knowledge of Functional Safety, safety engineering (i.e. P&ID interpretation, ARC Flash) would be a desirable advantage. You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be able to change attitudes.
Where others see many, we see you – personally. We value your passion and personality. With your excellent communication and organizational skills, you will be able to bring our services to the next level! You will work independently and have a determined approach.
How to apply?
Send your application no later than 30th October 2020. Read more about Sandvik and apply at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/job-search/Job ID: R0020902
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact HR Services at HRServices.UK@Sandvik.com
Closing Date: 30th October 2020
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid permit to work in the UK.
Deadline: 30 Oct