Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik. New opportunity awaits, as we enter the future of manufacturing. And we want you to be part of our journey!
At Sandvik we are dedicated, diligent and we believe in our company and its values. Our belief is that knowledge grown when it is shared and when we work together with our customers, both parties have more chances to achieve success.
The Process Engineer is responsible to improve the quality level of our delivered inserts, coordinate machinery investments for production areas, implement new production technologies on our plant and support the achievements of key performance indicators of Inserts Production Plant, but mainly on Pressing and Sintering operations.
Key performance areas:
- Manage and run investments to maintain our high production technology level and to develop new products in cooperation with R&D and other Insert’s production units.
- Daily support and solve problems with production teams in terms of equipment, engineering, product, and quality, also coordinate preventive maintenance on our equipment.
- Drive improvements and join relevant projects to improve our quality level and raise our productivity within our department as well on Inserts Production Plant.
- Interact with other production units around the world, production technology centers and have contact with local and international suppliers, including some business travel.
Additionally, the Process Engineer will:
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs and estimating future requirements to meet our production requirements.
- Provides production information by answering questions and requests and resolve technical issues by updating instructions and supporting the development of our employees.
- Coordinating closure of customer Corrective Action Requests by conducting Root Cause Analysis and implementing countermeasures to prevent failure recurrence.
The Process Engineer is an organized self-starter and quick learner who possess an innovative spirit, strong teamwork skills and willing to manage few projects at same time.
Besides holding a bachelor’s degree in industrial or mechanical Engineering, he/she has a minimal of 3 years of practical experience in process engineering & automation process, knowledge & experience with lean manufacturing/six sigma and project management.
Must possess a systematic & logical approach to problem solving techniques with production leaders and workers, good interpersonal & communication skills, whilst maintaining agreed deadlines and work well on their own.
Positive attitude & ready to take up challenges.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD
- Have a working knowledge of inspection equipment.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude & ready to take up challenges.
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing techniques and continuous improvement principles.
- Knowledge of Industry 4.0 and IOT principles and their application in the Machine Shop environment.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at Sandvik Careers to the Process Engineer position, Job Requisition ID# R0054263.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Jun 29