Senior Technical Writer
Sandvik Mining & Construction USA, LLC in Alachua, FL is looking for a Senior Technical Writer (Job Code R0052433)
Your performance areas:
The Senior Technical Writer position is responsible for creating, reviewing, and maintaining all technical documentation for proper content and completeness while adhering to all relevant regulations and industry standards for large-scale rock drill rigs. Review engineering documentation to develop step-by-step operational and maintenance procedures. Improve and develop new methods of technical documentation development, processes, and delivery techniques. Support internal departments with technical writing knowledge and develop and maintain a technical English directory. Develop an owner’s manual, commissioning and installation instructions, and driller’s user guide for the software of Sandvik’s Intelligence series of rotary drill rigs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare interactive technical documents for auto-drill, auto mast handling and auto leveling.
- Develop documentation for tele-remote, auto-mine, automation, remote starting and all on-board and off-board features for rotary drill rigs.
- Prepare technical documentation on TIM3D GPS navigation system, router configuration MOXA, and Knowledge Box manual.
- Develop guidelines for sample drill plan and simulator handling.
- Liaise with the software developer and tester to accurately capture the technical information in the drill guides/manuals.
- Responsible for electronic documents maintenance for drill rig series, including spare parts classification and stock item category within the PLM system.
- Develop content for major system and groups within Tridion Docs consistent with Sandvik global documentation guidelines.
- Prepare vivid exploded CAD 3D models/views using UG NX.
- Develop and manage the content within content management system (CMS) using DITA methodology.
- Resolve and respond to customers regarding documentation continuous process improvement related to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Provide mentorship and training on Sandvik Technical documentation process and standards to new team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering and three (3) years of experience as a Technical writer for heavy duty mining machinery.
- Alternatively, we will accept no degree and four (4) years of experience as a Technical writer for heavy duty mining machinery.
- The three (3) years of work experience with a Bachelor's degree, or four (4) years of work experience with no degree, must have included developing 2D and 3D model images using Unigraphics NX software and Tridion CCMS. Up to 10% international travel required.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, apply https://www.home.sandvik/career referencing job code R0052433.
Sandvik Mining is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. Sandvik Mining is a veteran-friendly company.
Deadline: Not set
Deadline: Not set