Program and Technology Manager
Sandvik Coromant is seeking a
Program and Technology Manager
Location: Mebane, NC
Sandvik Coromant is part of the global Sandvik engineering family of companies and is at the forefront of manufacturing tools, machining solutions, and knowledge that drive industry standards and innovations. Educational support, extensive R&D investment and strong customer partnerships ensure the development of machining technologies that change, lead, and drive the future of manufacturing.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Our Program and Technology Manager utilizes a team of project leaders and engineers to deliver current operational and strategic goals, manage strategic programs that align with the overall global strategy, and manage EHS/Risk for the site. This role is a critical link between the production unit, global R&D, product management, and production technology. Additional responsibilities include machine investment projects and other global projects within the Coromant Supply network.
- Managing programs and projects key to the success and sustainability of the business.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining health, safety, and environment management systems (ISO 45001, 14001) as well as ensuring the conformance of quality systems (ISO 9001).
- Formalizing investment motivation and analysis for facility and technology investments.
- Aligning resources to successfully research, recommend, and implement new equipment and technology.
- All aspects of new product introductions and product re-allocations, including but not limited to cross functional reviews, process and systems setup, and successful handover to production.
- Responsible for inputs to short and long-term strategies and resource planning with regards to installed machine capacity, machine investments, and other global projects within our Sandvik Machining Solutions Tools Production network.
- Support necessary training of employees through either local facilitation or investigation and scheduling of outside resources.
- Responsible for talent recruitment, management, and development in areas of responsibility.
- Occasional global travel as needed by the requirements of the role.
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Must possess a valid state issued driver’s license and the ability to travel both locally and globally as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing projects and leading people in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience managing high-level capital investments and product introductions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Must possess high level of knowledge in ISO 45001, 14001, 9001 and auditing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to subordinates, peers, and top management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Working knowledge of budgeting, reporting, and tracking processes.
- General personnel and development knowledge.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and HS&E regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be legal resident of United States
More about Sandvik
At Sandvik Coromant, we are driven by a passion for excellence in everything we do. As we see it, sustainable success is a team effort and working together and sharing expertise are vital to us, which is why we highly value our active, ongoing collaboration with customers around the world. Sandvik Coromant owns over 3,100 patents worldwide, employs over 7,900 staff, and is represented in 150 countries.
Our national headquarters and primary production unit is in Mebane, NC. Renovated in 2021, the facility houses nearly 60,000 square feet of production space with over 100 employees.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, parental leave, mental health coaching, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career , JO #R0052027
At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background leads to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRSupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set