Sandvik Coromant in Westminster, SC is looking for a
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service, and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik we are dedicated, diligent and we believe in our company and its values. Our belief is that knowledge grown when it is shared and when we work together with our customers, both parties have more chances to achieve success.
Find out more about our company and careers!
Key Performance Areas
As a Process Engineer in the Powder Plant, your responsibilities can include developing and modifying process formulations, as well as methods and controls to meet quality standards. You will analyze existing production processes and develop recommendations for changes to working methods or operational procedures that will minimize risks, costs, and waste; increase yields and productivity; and improve the quality and consistency of final tungsten carbide powder products.
Responsibilities also include recommending and implementing improvements, modifications or additions to present processes; reviewing requirements for compatibility with process methods to determine costs and schedules; and collecting and analyzing process data to initiate, develop and implement process improvements. This includes contribution within Sustainability and Digital Transformation 4.0 – investigating and determining how new technologies can support engineering and production processes and leading the implementation.
This role will collaborate with the internal Westminster Powder team and external Global Powder Production and R&D teams. A Powder Process Engineer will work in hand with customers, including the local Westminster Blanks team, for feedback and strategic improvements. By collaborating with suppliers, an engineer will approve incoming material quality and help source raw materials. He/she will be proficient in production and lab processes by spending time on the shop floor, and thus will directly support operators and lab technicians towards 5S, Continuous Improvement, Safety, and other powder process improvements and general training. The engineer will participate as a contributing member, leader, and role model of safety, CI, cobalt monitoring, and other teams; as well as working on various capital projects for sustainability and strategic improvements and developments within the Powder Plant, or support to the WM site.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Support the achievement of the agreed plant operational and individual contribution targets with the Powder Plant Manager.
- Take a leading role in team technical training. Communicate and collaborate both within the process team and with cross-functional, including global, teams.
- Ensure that the processes are in line with the directive standards and in compliance with environmental and safety regulations (government and Sandvik).
- Ensure compliance of the quality, safety, and environmental systems based on current ISO standards certified by the site.
- Demonstrate and encourage the values of 5S, cleanliness, and order in all areas.
- Maintain the status of the machinery and equipment to ensure quality of products, working with vendors and Maintenance on PM’s, improvements, and TPM efforts.
- Reduce production costs through alternative sourcing, developing maintenance and work methods that improve process reliability, and other projects.
- Support and encourage a highly motivated production team through your involvement, leadership, and role modeling.
- Ensure the implementation of new equipment, technologies, processes, and products.
- Perform any other functions that may be necessary to the welfare and advancement of the Powder Plant, as identified and/or assigned by Powder Plant Manager.
Possess a Bachelor of Science degree in a related field preferred. Hands-on process engineering experience preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, being familiar with continuous improvement concepts, and having the desire to initiate change in established processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with diverse teams, supporting others.
- Strong work ethic and ambition, being self-directed and motivated to identify what needs to be done, and to do it, and to follow up.
- Strong project management and planning skills along with meeting deadlines.
- Accurate, consistent, organized, and thorough in work assignments.
- Flexibility to support various roles within the Powder Plant and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Strong support of a safety culture.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit Sandvik Careers and apply to the Process Engineer position, Job Requisition ID# R0050345.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Apr 5