Mechanical Engineer, Design
As a Mechanical Engineer you are responsible for Design and Development of Part to suit Additive manufacturing (3D Printing) for mining equipments’, create CAD models/ Additive manufacturing drawings, BOM for sub-systems used in mining equipments’, item setup & ensure the quality output is delivered to customer. The job is about providing engineering support to additive manufacturing team within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Parts and Services divisions for Aftermarket needs.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Collaborate with engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions.
- Keep up to date with the latest technology trends.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Involved in design & developing Conventional to Additive models for underground, surface mining equipment’s.
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design.
- Perform design calculations for design verification
- Perform Topology optimization and weight reduction using additive design skills
- Perform engineering related activities like supplier interaction, testing & field trial support
- Provide engineering support to Additive team in aftermarket
- Strong in Fundamental Mechanical Engineering
- Strong in Material selection and Additive material science
- Strong in Mechanics & Design calculations
- Creative thinker & this should lead to applying Patents for the Company
- Proficient in material selection depending on the application, fix proper heat treatment process, GD&Ts
- Strong FEA background using ANSYS or other Additive tools
You have a university degree in Mechanical engineering / master’s in mechanical engineering or another relevant field (or equivalent) and between 4-6 years of experience into Mechanical Engineering Design and Development. You have a solid track record of designing, developing Mechanical engineering solutions. You have the needed experience with relevant we see are some of the following:
- Ability to develop & design additive models without expert support for selected market demands in respect to mining machines.
- Able to lead technical discussion with customers, consultants, and suppliers in easier cases.
- Reviews and recommends improvements of working methods/manuals/instructions for additive manufacturing needs
- Design and Development of parts for mining equipment to suit additive manufacturing in line with the requirement of country safety standards.
- Describes applicable mechanical engineering and technical area and its instruments/methods/processes.
- Strong additive manufacturing background, process, materials and tools
- Reviews and recommends improvements of working methods/manuals/instructions for processes within mechanical engineering.
- Strong project planning, resource management and delivery management skills
- Interacts with others, also outside own team, in matters regarding mechanical engineering.
- Expands the knowledge base within mechanical engineering.
- Contributes to long-term strategy in mechanical engineering.
- Drives the organization to expand the technical knowledge base within mechanical engineering area Sandvik-wide.
- Uses computer-based tools (NX, Teamcenter, Adobe illustrator, ANSYS) to design or modify the design of a product.
- Builds three-dimensional models with basic materials, and drawings for Additive team
- Basic knowledge of International Standards pertaining to material and design processes.
You fit into a dynamic and fast-moving team within a business which has been around. You value the opportunity to work with both in-house R&D as well as with customers all around the world. You possess the ability to comprehend complex technical concepts quickly and focus on priorities. Experience in Heavy Mining equipment designs space with exposure towards mining/construction or heavy machinery industry data is regarded as a merit. The ability to speak and write in English, as well as the willingness to travel, are prerequisites in this job.
We are a company with an open-minded culture, actively working to create a workplace that is characterized by diversity and inclusion. We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development.
Deadline: Aug 18