Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a world-leading mining equipment manufacturer committed to offer highly optimized solutions designed to increase our customers’ productivity and profitability – while ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety, via high technology.
The Design Engineer position is responsible for assigned Engineering Design & Development tasks within the Surface Mining Customer Segment at Alachua facility. Engineer is responsible for the design tasks and technical solutions performed in the responsibility area based on the priorities set by the supervisor.
- Work in compliance with the Sandvik safety management program.
- Maintain technical coordination and support with the Engineering staff and other departments, including, but not limited to, Production, Purchasing, Sales and Customer Service.
- Design, development, and testing of power-train and hydraulic systems.
- Working knowledge of power transmission and hydraulic components selection.
- Responsible that all designs are fully documented in models, drawings, and Bill of Materials.
- Perform a variety of calculations to substantiate designs
- Create detail part and assembly drawings showing necessary design details with section views, dimensions and tolerances
- Enter Item Master Specifications and Bills of Materials into the ERP/MRP System to compliment production drawings.
- Where applicable, conduct cross-functional design reviews.
- Applies tools and techniques for converting product requirements into a machine design
- Designs basic hydraulic systems and troubleshoots hydraulic systems issues
- Write ECN’s to properly convey the engineering changes resulting from new designs or revisions.
- Follow the Design & Development strategic plan as prioritized by Engineering Manager and as communicated in performance evaluations.
- Provide support and work closely with other functions in the organization as needed and prioritized by Engineering Manager.
Your skills and qualifications
CAD package Proficiency (UG/NX and/or MEDUSA preferred). MS Productivity suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Experience working within a PDM system (TeamCenter). A good understanding of common engineering standards. for mobile equipment product development (3D- modelling, design & drafting, GD&T). Ability to perform FEA (Ansys). Team working and clear communication skills. Must be knowledgeable in Hydraulics, Power Transmission, Thermodynamics, and Heat Transfer. Understanding machine steel fabrications, manufacturing techniques, and processes for mobile equipment. Application knowledge of mobile equipment, preferably in drilling equipment.
Knowledge on power train components such as diesel engine, drive shaft and coupling. Knowledge on Tier 4 engine emission norms.
At Sandvik, we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and our customers.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Design Engineer position, Job Req. # R0044578.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set