DESIGN ENGINEER (JOB CODE R0042911)
Deadline: Not set
Country: United States of America
Location: Mebane, North Carolina
Job category: Engineering
Sandvik Machining Solutions USA, LLC in Mebane, NC is looking for a Design Engineer (Job Code R0042911)
Your performance areas:
The Design Engineer position is responsible for creating customized cutting tool designs per customer requirements for quotation and manufacturing purposes and for working with the sales team and customers to create cost-effective tooling concepts, proposal drawings and finalized manufacturing drawings and solid models using NX, CAD and CAM systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create customized cutting tool designs, per customer requirements for quotation and manufacturing purposes.
- Work with sales team and customers to create cost-effective tooling concepts, proposal drawings and finalized manufacturing drawings and solid models using NX, CAD and CAM systems.
- Apply knowledge of cutting tool mechanics and design principals to create advanced modeling design concepts, including customized tool products for milling, drilling, turning & boring applications.
- Analyze and interpret product drawings and perform verification checks of tool designs and manufacturing specifications.
- Create proposal, approval and manufacturing drawings for the production unit.
- Preview technical product specifications and process validation plans.
- Create and review material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Provide technical support to the application areas and liaise with customers to obtain information for cutting tool design development.
- Collaborate on the mechanical design and engineering requirements of both internal and external customers for cutting tool technology.
- Work across multifunctional teams to advance Special Tools strategy and sales growth.
- Review and improve methods, tools, and processes used by Special Tool Designers.
- Develop and share best practices to obtain operational excellence in the organization.
- Ensure compliance with industry design standards and safety guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Engineering Technology
- Three (3) years of experience as Design Engineer
- The three (3) years of experience must have included creating custom cutting tool designs for manufacturing/production, and the use of CAD/CAM programs and Unigraphics (NX) software.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, apply at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Design Engineer position, Job Req. ID # R0042911
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. Sandvik is a veteran-friendly company.
Deadline: Not set
Deadline: Not set