Technical Parts Specialist
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Technical Parts Specialist
Are you a Technical Parts Specialist who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have product integrity to drive safety, quality and reliability through-out the product life cycle by carrying out CPI activities, Sandvik
Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Technical Parts specialist maintains integrity to drive safety, quality and reliability throughout the product life cycle by carrying out CPI activities, conducting safety and reliability assessments, leading spare part development and support the development of end-user documentation. This position reports to our Product Improvement and Documentation Manager.
Additionally, the Technical Parts Specialist will:
- Improve and develop new methods of spare part development, processes and delivery techniques.
- Create, review, structure and maintain spare part requirements utilizing Teamcenter’s PLM system for proper content and completeness while adhering to all relevant regulations, standards and rotary drilling guidelines.
- Support Technical Services Organization with documentation integrity and feedback handling.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety and reliability studies by utilizing the most commonly used methods and processes related to assessments in order to recommend solutions throughout the product life cycle.
- Review and aid in producing usage instructions and bulletins for all related technical documentation.
- Participate in the root cause analysis process to develop a solution to enhance product safety and component reliability.
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management system (IMS). Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
You possess an AA degree or Vocational Tech education with 5+ years of related experience in the heavy equipment industry or High School diploma or GED with 10+ years of related experience in the heavy equipment industry.
You also possess:
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Proven behaviors and skills for safety, reliability and compliance.
- Excellent understanding of BOM and structures and PDM systems.
- Excellent social skills with ability to work and communicate effectively with people on all levels.
- Ability to mentor, lead and train less experienced PDM users.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://intranet.sandvik.com/employmentcareer/careerandvacancies/job_opportunities/Pages/default.aspx to the Technical Parts Specialist position, Job Req. ID # R0021371.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a VET friendly employer.
Deadline: Not set