Systems Engineering Lead
Key responsibilities include:
- Will work in compliance with the Sandvik safety management program.
- Maintain technical coordination and support with the Automation team and other departments, including, but not limited to, Production, Purchasing, Sales and Customer Service.
- Conduct sprint planning and lead scrum meetings with developers both locally and overseas.
- Act as Product Owner and plan development schedule/content for assigned automation modules.
- Work with other Product Owners to get alignment of software resources for work availability
- Publish software release together with detailed release notes and provide overview/training to relevant departments
- Ability to mentor and lead junior developers by stepping into code as deemed necessary.
- Project level work and be able to create work breakdown structures (WBS) in MS Project or similar software.
- Contribute in maintaining a team-working environment according to Sandvik Core Values
- Follow the R&D&Engineering strategic plan as prioritized by Engineering Manager and as communicated in performance evaluations.
- Provide support and work closely with other functions in the organization as needed and prioritized by Engineering Manager.
- Fulfil any additional duties assigned by Engineering Manager.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- 10 years of experience in PLC programming using controllers like Allen Bradley, Siemens, EPEC.
- A working knowledge of the CANbus protocols primarily J1939 and CANopen
- Familiarity with PLC programming languages CoDeSys IEC 61131-3 preferred
- Experience with C/C++ and scripting languages
- Experience with application lifecycle management tools (Polarion), version control systems (SVN) and build systems (Jenkins)
- Understand basic networking architectures such as TCP/IP, ethernet, mesh, peer to peer etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge in RestAPI and UDP development for data transfer between mobile machinery and office systems.
- Some knowledge in Linux scripting to access file systems for configurations and/or write automated scripts.
- MS Productivity suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ensuring that software is designed as libraries to promote reusability
- Working within PDM system (TeamCenter) to manage Bill Of Materials and Part Numbers. This ensures that software part numbers within software are in synch with corresponding part numbers in BOM.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with PLC’s (EPEC or IFM preferred) and integration of position sensors, sensors for motion control, vision sensors, safety technology, process sensors, IO-links, identification systems, machine health monitoring, systems for mobile machine, communication technologies, power supplies, and linked accessories.
- You will be leading the solution development and product design modifications on various components (e.g. product design, spare parts, tools and documentation) - some of which will resolve warranty matters with suppliers.
- Good understanding of common software engineering standards for mobile equipment product development and ISO standards.
- Team working and clear communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently or on teams to get the work product completed on-time and on-budget.
- Maintains awareness of current state-of-the-art technologies and trends in automation and suggests product improvement ideas
Deadline: Not set